Deal has ended, view more bank account bonuses by clicking here.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $75
- Availability: Nationwide
- Direct deposit required: Two direct deposits of $250+ required
- Additional requirements: None
- Hard/soft pull: Unknown
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date: September 30, 2021
- Acorns is offering a bonus of $75 when you open a new Acorns checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Receive two direct deposits of $250+
The Fine Print
- Offer available for both new and existing Spend customers who have never setup a Direct Deposit.
- Two Direct Deposits of at least $250 each must be made into your Acorns Spend account to quality for this promotion.
- The qualifying Direct Deposits must be made by the individual’s employer, payroll provider, or benefits payer by Automated Clearing House (ACH) deposit. Bank ACH transfers, verification or trial deposits from financial institutions, peer to peer transfers from services such as PayPal, Cash App, or Venmo, mobile check deposits, and cash loads or deposits are not qualifying Direct Deposits.
- The $75 reward will be invested as a lump sum in the form of a purchase of investments in your Acorns Invest account within 45 days of receiving your second Direct Deposit to your Acorns Spend account.
- Your Acorns Invest account must be open, verified, and in good standing at the time of reward fulfillment, as well as the Spend account.
- This offer is only available to the email recipient and is not transferable.
- This offer will be valid for qualifying Direct Deposits received on or before September 30, 2021.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has no monthly fees to worry about
Early Account Termination Fee
I wasn’t able to find a fee schedule so unsure if there is an early account termination fee.
Previously this was a targeted bonus and only required one direct deposit. Usually we don’t post bank account bonuses under $100, but as this is nationwide we made an exception. Need to know if it’s a hard or soft pull before adding it to the best bank account bonuses.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times