Published on September 29th, 2019 | by William Charles20
[Expired] [Targeted, AK, CO, CT, ID, IN, MA, ME, MI, NY, OH, OR, PA, UT, VT, or WA] Keybank $300 Checking Bonus
Deal has expired, view more bank account bonuses by clicking here
Update: Unfortunately this also requires a reservation code (sent out via mailer) so this is actually targeted 🙁
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $300
- Availability: AK, CO, CT, ID, IN, MA, ME, MI, NY, OH, OR, PA, UT, VT, or WA
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $500+ required
- Additional requirements: Use promo code
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Mixed DP, most likely does. Also reports of being ChexSystems sensitive.
- Credit card funding: Can fund up to $100
- Monthly fees: $7, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: 180 days, $25
- Household limit: One
- Expiration date: November 8th, 2019
- KeyBank is offering a bonus of $300 when you open a new eligible checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Use offer code ESAT0919
- Receive a single direct deposit of $500+ within 60 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- You must open a Key Express Checking® account (this is the basic banking account in NY), Key Advantage Checking® account, Key Privilege Checking® account, or Key Privilege Select Checking® account by 11/8/19 and make ONE single KeyBank direct deposit of $500 or more within 60 days after account opening to get $300.
- Direct deposit transactions are limited to: payroll, Social Security, pension and government benefits. Accounts titled as Trust Accounts, Estate, and No Access are excluded from eligibility. Employees of KeyBank, its affiliates and subsidiaries are not eligible for this offer.
- You must have primary mailing address in the United States.
- Limit one gift per qualifying account.
- Limit one gift per individual.
- The value of your gift will be reported on Form 1099-INT and deposited into your account within 90 days of meeting requirements.
- If you close your account within 180 days of account opening, you will be charged a $25 account early closure fee
- Offer not available to individuals who have had a KeyBank checking account or a KeyBank Hassle-Free Account® in the last 12 months and must be new to bank households.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Key Express Checking $7 Monthly Fee
The monthly fee on this account is waived if you do either of the following each statement cycle:
- Deposits of at least $500 per month
- At least 8 customer initiated transactions per month (any deposits, withdrawals, which includes transfers)
Early Account Termination Fee
If you close your account within 180 days, you are required to pay an early account closure fee of $25
KeyBank Relationship Rewards Membership Fee $30
This is optional so make sure you opt out of it.
We often see this $300 deal, but it’s usually only available in a few selected areas whereas this bonus seems to be available to the whole KeyBank service area. Fingers crossed that this one will work for everybody, as typically the bonus is only $200. We will definitely be adding this to the list of the best bank account bonuses.
Hat tip to reader Daryl W
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times