Published on April 21st, 2019 | by William Charles0
[AL] Guardian Credit Union 4% APY On Balances Up To $30,000 Ultimate Checking Account
Offer at a glance
- Interest Rate: 4.07% APY
- Minimum Balance: None
- Maximum Balance: $30,000
- Availability: Must live, work attend school or worship in one of the following counties in Alabama: Autauga, Butler, Chilton, Coosa, Crenshaw, Elmore, Lee, Lowndes, Macon, Montgomery, Pike, Russell. You’re also eligible if you’re active or retired Alabama Army or Air National Guard.
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $500+
- Additional requirements: 15 debit card transactions
- Hard/soft pull: Unknown
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: $10 monthly
- Insured: NCUA
- Guardian Credit Union is offering the ultimate checking account, this earns 4.07% APY on balances up to $30,000 when the following requirements are met:
- Make at least 15 debit card transactions
- Set up a minimum monthly payroll direct deposit of at least $500
The Fine Print
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
If requirements for the increased APY are not met a $10 monthly fee applies.
Fairly simple requirements to meet and nice large maximum deposit amount, worth considering if you live in one of the eligible counties. We still need to know if it’s a hard or soft pull to open. This will be added to the list of the best high yield checking accounts.