Published on March 3rd, 2018 | by William Charles12
[AR, MO, OK, KS + Targeted] Arvest Bank $150 Checking Bonus – Direct Deposit Not Required
Please note the fine print states: Only those who receive a GET 150 mailer are eligible for the Get 150 bonus offer.
This means it’s a targeted offer and you need to have received the mailer to be eligible.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $150
- Availability: AR, MO, OK, KS only
- Direct deposit required: Optional
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: March 31st, 2018
- Arvest Bank is offering a bonus of up to $150 when you open a new checking account. You receive a bonus of $50 each month when the following requirements are met ($150/three month maximum. First six months only are eligible):
- Make one of the following transactions:
- Direct deposit
- Automatic Payment
- Recurring debit card transaction
- Complete eight debit card purchases
- Make one of the following transactions:
The Fine Print
- Get 150 is an exclusive offer.
- Offer expires 03/31/2018.
- Only those who receive a GET 150 mailer are eligible for the Get 150 bonus offer. The Get 150 bonus offer is for new Arvest customers only. All account applications are subject to approval. This offer is limited to one account per customer. Arvest associates are not eligible to participate.
Account must be open a minimum of 30 calendar days to be eligible to receive a bonus. Bonus criteria must be met during a full month’s statement cycle to receive a bonus. Please consult an Arvest associate to help you determine when your statement cycle begins and ends.
We will credit your account with a $50 bonus at the end of each statement cycle, when all criteria (as described below) are met.
Account must be open and must not have a negative balance to receive each bonus.
Up to three $50 bonuses can be earned throughout six months when criteria is met within each of three complete statement cycles, and can result in a total bonus amount of $150. The potential to earn a bonus will terminate upon the end of your sixth statement cycle. You are responsible for any federal, state, or local taxes due on your bonus. Please consult your tax advisor.
- If your account is closed, for any reason, during the bonus campaign timeframe, your eligibility to earn bonuses will end immediately upon account closure and any pending bonuses will be forfeited.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Arvest Free Blue qualifies for this bonus and has no monthly fee to worry about. I wasn’t able to find a fee schedule so I’m unsure if there is any early account termination fee or not.
$150 isn’t a huge bonus, but no direct deposit requirement is always nice to see. We don’t know if it’s a soft pull and if you can fund with a credit card either. I guess there is always a possibility that the targeted language won’t be enforced, but I guess we will need to sacrifice somebody to become the datapoint we want to see. For now it definitely won’t be going on our best checking bonus page until we know more.
Big thanks to reader, Im_Chadtastic who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times