Published on July 14th, 2019 | by William Charles26
[IL only] Wintrust Bank $300 Checking Bonus
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $300
- Availability: IL only [Branch locator]
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $500+ for two consecutive months
- Additional requirements: eStatements
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: None
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date: September 30th, 2019
- WinTrust Bank is offering a bonus of $300 when you open a new total access checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Enroll in online banking
- Activate eStatements
- Complete monthly direct deposits totaling $500 or more for two consecutive months after the first calendar month your account is opened
The Fine Print
- This Total Access Checking account bonus offer is not available to existing or closed checking account customers of Wintrust Financial Corporation and its subsidiaries (WTFC) or its active employees.
- Limit one bonus payment per customer, regardless of the number of accounts opened.
- If you qualify for this Total Access Checking account bonus offer, you are ineligible to receive this Total Access Checking account bonus offer from any other WTFC location.
- If you qualify for any other WTFC savings offer it may be combined with this Total Access Checking account bonus offer.
- Your new account must be open, in the same product, and have a balance greater than zero to receive the bonus payment.
- The $300.00 bonus payment is subject to IRS 1099-INT reporting and may be considered income for tax purposes for the tax year in which the bonus was paid.
- Bonus Qualifications.
- (i) Open a new Total Access Checking account from July 1, 2019 through September 30, 2019;
- (ii) Open a Total Access checking account via this website page https://www.wintrust.com/tac;
- (iii) have monthly occurring direct deposits totaling $500.00 each month made to your new account for 2 consecutive calendar months after the calendar month your new account was opened (qualification period); and (v) enroll in online banking and active e-statements within the Qualification Period.
- A Direct Deposit is defined as any payment made by a government agency, employer, or other third-party organization that is made via an electronic deposit.
- A Direct Deposit does not include teller/ATM/mobile or remote deposits, wire transfers between accounts at WTFC, external transfers from other accounts at other financial institutions at ATM/debit card transfers.
- After you have completed all the above bonus qualifications, we will deposit the bonus payment into your new account within thirty (30) calendar days after the Qualification Period.
This account has no monthly fees, according to the fee schedule a reader sent us
Early Account Termination Fee
There is no early account termination fee.
Previously the best offer we have seen has been $100 and another $50 for opening a savings account, so this bonus is significantly better. This bonus is definitely worth doing as it’s nice big bonus and the requirements aren’t too difficult to meet. Because of that we will add it to the best checking bonus page.
Hat tip to reader youngestofallthebuck
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times