Published on December 3rd, 2019 | by Chuck53
[Expired] American Express Business Platinum 100,000 Points Signup Bonus Offer With $25,000 Spend (Public & Referral Offer)
Update 12/3/19: A lot of blogs with affiliate links are stating this offer will end 12/3 or 12/4. Check for the much better 110,000 point offer.
Update(b) 9/5/19: A lot of people are seeing 110,000 offer incognito.
Update 9/5/19: Offer is now available through public links as well. (Direct Link to offer.) Of course, it’s smarter to use a friend’s referral link so that they’ll get a bonus too. Referral offer is good through September 25, 2019; according to DDG, the public offer is slated to last until 12/4/19; it’s possible the referral offer will be extended as well.
American Express has increased the signup bonus on the American Express business Platinum card, only for those who signup through a referral:
- Get 50,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $10,000 within 3 months of signup.
- Get an additional 50,000 Membership Rewards points after spending an additional $15,000 within 3 months of signup
This offer ends September 25, 2019.
- Annual fee of $595 is not waived the first year
- Card earns at the following rates:
- 5x points per $1 spent on purchases made with airlines or hotels booked directly from AmericanExpress Travel website
- 1.5x points on qualifying purchases of $5,000 or more
- 1x points on all other purchases
- $200 airline incidental credit per calendar year
- Lounge access:
- Centurion lounge access
- International American Express lounge access
- Delta SkyClub lounge access
- Priority pass select membership
- Airspace lounge access
- Internet Access:
- Unlimited Boingo internet access
- SPG gold status (this will also give you Marriott Gold status)
- Hilton gold status
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓
- No foreign transaction fees
- View these other hidden benefits
- SoulCycle benefits
- You can only get the sign up bonus on American Express cards once per lifetime.
We reported earlier today that the bonus for the referrer on the business Platinum card has increased from 15k to 20k, and they’ve now increased the signup bonus for the new member as well.
Standard offer on the card is 75k on $20k spend ($10k+$10k), this offer requires an additional $5,000 in spend and gets an extra 25,000 points. We have seen similar offers in the past. If you’re in 2-player mode or have a friend who can refer you, this is really a nice offer, though there is the steep spend requirement.
There’s also the call-in method which offers (YMMV) 100,000 points on just $10,000 in spend. This offer gets an extra 20,000 points for the referrer, though many would consider the call-in offer superior due to lower spend requirement. As always you can read more about American Express cards here.
Do not leave referrals in the comments. We may make a separate thread for that.
Hat tip to EG