Published on July 1st, 2016 | by Chuck40
Amex Offers: 10% Off Gas Stations [Targeted]
Here’s a targeted offer showing for some in their Amex logins:
- Get 10% back as a statement credit on U.S. gas station purchases
- Valid through September 30, 2016
- Max $250 in total purchases, $25 cashback
The Fine Print
- Excluding: online purchases and marina fuel or any type of commercial fuel (e.g.- jet fuel) purchases.
- For purposes of this offer, “gas station” means a merchant that is in the primary business of selling gasoline to consumers. Gas stations may sell other convenience items, but its primary business must be selling gasoline to consumers.
- The following are NOT considered gas stations: Superstores, supermarkets, and warehouse clubs that sell gasoline.
10% off gas is quite generous, it’s typically hard to get more than 5% back from the credit card unless you get a great gift card deal.
I haven’t found this one yet on my card (it’s highly targeted) but hopefully I’lll still see it on a few cards. I found it on a few cards of mine. It was always showing near the top of the offers, so if you don’t see it at the top you probably aren’t targeted.
If you find this offer on your Old Blue Cash you’ll 14.5% off gas with the offer and cash back combined, and if you find it on Blue Cash Preferred you’ll get 12.7% off combined.
Even more awesome is that if you got the BP $5 off $25 offer (also very targeted) on the same card as the 10% offer, you’ll get a whopping 30% off gas ($7.50 off $25) since both offers should stack. Not sure if anyone got both of these on the same card.
Hat tip to reader Sandra and thanks to a friend who supplied the screenshot