Published on November 21st, 2016 | by Chuck69
Amex Offers: 2500MR/$25 Off $100 You Verizon Cellular Bill [2x]!
A new targeted offer is showing in some Amex logins for wireless purchases and payments at verizonwireless.com:
- Get a one-time $25 statement credit each time you use your enrolled Card to make a single purchase of $100+ online at verizonwireless.com or by calling 1-866-804-6848 by 2/21/2017. Limit $50 in total statement credits.
- Get 2,500 additional Membership Rewards points award each time you use your enrolled Card to make a single purchase of $100+ online at Verizonwireless.com or by calling 1-866-804-6848 by 2/21/2017. Limit 5,000 Membership Rewards points.
The Fine Print
- Expires 2/21/17
- Offer valid on wireless services at verizonwireless.com or by calling 1-866-804-6848
- Offer not valid in-store or at kiosks
- Offer valid on wireless services, equipment and accessories
- Purchases may fall outside of the offer period in some cases due to a delay in merchants submitting transactions to us or if the purchase date differs from the date you made the transaction (for example, the purchase date for online orders may be the shipping date)
- Limit 1 enrolled Card per American Express Card online account and limit of 5,000/$50 per card (the additional points are in addition to any points you would normally receive for purchases on your Card under the terms of your Card Member Agreement and the Membership Rewards program; when we calculate the additional points benefit for Amex EveryDay Card products, points awarded under this offer will not be included)
This is a targeted offer which is showing on some cards. I found the points offer on my BGR but no offer on any other primary card. Save it quickly in case there’s limited enrollment for this offer.
We usually see 10-20% off via Amex Offers, and 25% is excellent! If you got one of these offers, it makes sense to overpay your bill online which Verizon allows. Consider prepaying for as long as you can based on how many offers you have.
Also keep in mind that you can use the offer for goods purchases at verizonwireless.com as well.
Even more amazing is if you also have the targeted 10%/1k offer for any cellular payment. In the past, these types of offers have stacked and triggered both deals for a single payment.
One thing to note is that in the past there have been mixed reports about using the multi-tab trick with MR-points offers. The terms include lingo which might indicate that you can only get the points on one card per online login. Some have reported being limited by that in practice while others have reported the reverse. Let us know if you try it.
This issue is only relevant for the MR-points offer above. We’ve never heard of a problem getting the offer credit on multiple cards for statement-credit Amex deals.
I’m an AT&T user which currently has a 33% off Amex deal. This is what my AT&T account looks like (and I’m not done yet 🙂 ):
I wouldn’t worry too much about the possibility that you’ll switch carriers in the future since you should get a refund back on the card if that happens (although that likely will result in an Amex Offer credit clawback).