Published on July 13th, 2017 | by William Charles12
[Expired] [AZ, FL, NJ, NY, and OH & YMMV] NYCB Family Of Banks $150 Checking Bonus
Bonus has expired, click here for the best checking bonuses.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: Up to $150
- Availability: In branch only, they have branches in AZ, FL, NJ, NY, and OH
- Direct deposit required: Yes, totaling $500 or more for two consecutive months
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: $6, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: $30, 180
- Household limit: One
- Expiration date:
March 31st, 2017August 31st, 2017
No direct link, in branch only. Not sure if mail out is required or not (no mention of this in mail out)
- The NYCB Family of Banks are offering a bonus of up to $150 when you open a new My Community Interest Checking Account. Bonus is broken down as follows:
- $50 when you complete six debit card point of sale transactions of $10 or more
- $50 when you set up and make three online bill payments of $10 or more for two consecutive months
- $50 when you set up and receive qualifying direct deposits totaling $500 or more for two consecutive months
The Fine Print
- All requirements must be met and post to account within 90 days of account opening
- Qualifying direct deposit is a recurring direct deposit of a paycheck, pension, social security or other governmental benefit
- Once requirements are met they will post within 10 business days
- Offer is not available to existing checking account owners or those whose accounts have been closed within 180 calendar days or closed with a negative balance
- Limit of one per household
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
There is a monthly fee of $6, this is waived with a daily balance of $500. I was unable to find the fee schedule so I’m unsure if there is any early account termination fee or not. According to this comment it’s $30 if closed within 180 days of account opening.
Really don’t know enough about this bonus to say anything about it, there also seems to be another $150 business checking bonus. If you could do both without needing the flyer it might be worth heading into a branch. If anybody goes for it, please share your experiences in the comments. Due to the unknowns it won’t be added to our checking account promo page.
Big thanks to reader, Don who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications