Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100 for both parties
- Availability: AZ only
- Direct deposit required: Yes, no minimum specified
- Additional requirements: 30 transactions
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee:
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: None listed
- Desert Financial Credit Union is offering a $100 referral bonus to both parties. The person signing up for a new checking account has to be referred by an existing member and complete the following requirements:
- Receive at least one direct deposit within the first 90 days
- Have at least 30 posted transactions during the first 90 days
The Fine Print
- Refer-A-Friend cash bonus offer valid for a limited time only. New member must present completed Referral Form at time of account opening and establish a Membership Savings and Checking account. New members cannot have any existing accounts (primary or joint owner) within the last 12 months. Member and
referee cannot begin credit union membership on the same business day.
- To receive the cash bonus, the new checking account must meet the following criteria within the first 90 days:
- 1. Minimum of 30 posted transactions and
- 2. Establish direct deposit.
- 3. Must be open and cannot be delinquent (more than 30 days) at time of bonus payment. Bonus will be deposited into the qualifying Checking and referring member’s account within 10 business days in the month following the end of the first 90-day period if qualifications are met.
- Referring member must have an open and active share account at time of bonus payment and be at least 18 years of age. Employees of Desert Financial Federal Credit Union, its subsidiaries, affiliates, or agencies and their immediate family (including spouse, parents, siblings, children, grandparents or grandchildren) are not eligible for bonus offer.
- Bonus amounts are subject to all applicable taxes and the responsibility of the member.
- Bonus cannot be combined with any other account opening offer.
- Referrals limited to five per member.
The free checking account has no monthly fees to worry about
Early Account Termination Fee
I wasn’t able to find an EATF in the fee schedule
Feel free to share your referral information in the comments below. Now that we know this is a soft pull we will add it to our best bank bonus page.
Hat tip to reader EW
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times