Published on June 6th, 2017 | by William Charles36
Bank of America Business Checking $300 + $200 Bonus [In Branch & YMMV]
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $300 + $200
- Availability: Nationwide
- Direct deposit required: No, just $5,000 in deposits
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- Credit card funding: None, but can fund with a debit card up to $250
- Monthly fees: $16-$29.95
- Early account termination fee: None mentioned
- Expiration date: June 30th, 2017
No direct link, must go in branch. Should be able to just ask if they have any business checking offers.
- Receive a sign-up bonus of $300 when you open a new eligible small business checking account (Business Advantage or Fundamentals) with Bank of America, make qualifying deposits of at least $5,000 within the first 60 days and complete one of the following requirements:
- Apply, be approved for and open a new small business credit card account, and spent at least $500 on the card within 60 days of opening a new account
- Apply, be approved for and activate a merchant services account, and settle funds totaling a minimum of $1,000 in your new business checking account within 60 days of account opening
- Receive an additional $200 bonus when you complete both of the above requirements
The Fine Print
- Valid until June 30th, 2017
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
There is no early account termination fee.
Business Fundamentals $16 Per Month
Monthly fee is waived if you do any of the following:
- A $3,000 minimum daily balance in your primary account
- A $5,000 average monthly balance in your primary account
- A $15,000 combined average monthly balance in linked business accounts
- Make $250 in net new qualifying purchases each billing cycle on your Bank of America business credit or debit cardfootnote
Business Advantage $29.95 Per Month
The Business Advantage checking account comes with a monthly fee of $29.95 per month, but this fee is waived for the first three months. After this introductory period you need to do any one of the following to keep it fee free:
- $15,000 average monthly balance
- $35,000 combined average monthly balance of linked business accounts
- Spend $2,500 per month in new purchases using a linked Bank of America business credit card
- Actively use Bank of America Merchant Services or Payroll Services by Intuit® or Remote Deposit Online service
I think the best option is to not worry about the monthly fee the first three months and then either have a $15,000 average balance (you’d be losing out on $12.5 a month in interest compared to a 1% checking account) or putting $2,500 per month on a linked Bank of America business credit card.
There is a public offer for $200 with fewer requirements. I don’t recommend signing up for merchant services (merchant services are the ability to accept card payments. I’m not sure what the fee structure is and I also assume it creates a tax liability) for bank account bonuses so the maximum bonus on this account is actually $300. This requires opening a business credit card, you would still get the sign-up bonus on that card though. The best option would probably be the Alaska card with a 30,000-mile bonus.
It’s a shame this requires going in branch and merchant services for the full $500 bonus. If you live near a branch and plan to open a business credit card in the near future then this is a better deal than the public offer otherwise I’d just stick with that. Keep in mind that Bank of America business credit cards don’t report to your personal credit reports. This is useful for anybody trying to stay under 5/24 for Chase cards. There is also a $100 personal checking bonus currently available
Big thanks to reader, A P who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications