Published on March 13th, 2018 | by William Charles165
[Expired] Bank Of The West – $150 Checking Promotion [AZ, CA, CO, ID, IA, KS, MN, MO, NE, NV, NM, ND, OK, OR, SD, UT, WA, WI, WY]
Update 03/13/18: Back until April 13th, 2018. Hat tip to reader Casey
Offer at a glance13
- Maximum bonus amount: $300
- Availability: AZ, CA, CO, ID, IA, KS, MN, MO, NE, NV, NM, ND, OK, OR, SD, UT, WA, WI, WY
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $250+
- Additional requirements: Optional, 10 or more debit card transactions for an additional $50
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Yes (inquiry sensitive)
- Credit card funding: $500 max, Visa/MC only
- Monthly fees: $10, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: $25, 91 days
- Household limit: One per mailing address
- Expiration date:
August 18th, 2017 September 27th, 2017 March 3rd, 2018April 13th, 2018
- Bank of The West is offering a $150 bonus when you open a new Any Deposit checking account. Bonus is broken down as follows:
- Get $100 for setting up qualifying direct deposit (of at least $250) by 06/29/2018
- Get $50 for making 10 monthly debit card purchases for two months (must be at least $3 each) by 06/29/2018 (Be aware that for the additional $50 bonus you must meet the 10 transaction totals in the 2 months following account opening. For example, if you open August 1st, you must do 10 transactions in September and October, not August and September. I stupidly screwed this up back in March and didn’t receive the $50 (opened 3/1 and did purchases in March and April). Thanks to reader Sully
The Fine Print
- Open a new personal Bank of the West Any Deposit Checking account at a branch or account application submitted on bankofthewest.com between 03/05/18 – 04/13/2018 with any opening deposit amount ($0.01 or more) with funds new to Bank of the West (Bank) received and posted to the account no later than 04/20/2018.
- Bonus Limitations
- Offer is not available to existing Bank of the West customers with an open checking account as of 03/04/2018.
- If the customer or other individuals residing at the same address received or may receive any other consumer checking bonus from the Bank between 07/01/16 – 07/30/18, then no one at that address is eligible.
- Limit of one $50 and one $100 consumer checking bonus per individual and per mailing address.
- Employees of Bank of the West and its affiliates are not eligible for this offer.
- Account must be in open status and have a positive balance as of 06/29/18 to be eligible to receive any bonus.
- Bonus will be credited to the open checking account by 07/31/18.
- To receive the $100 bonus, customer must have a direct deposit of at least $250 (two or more direct deposits that add up to $250 do not qualify) posted to the account by 06/29/2018. Direct deposit must be payroll, Social Security, pension or other government benefits.
- To receive the $50 bonus, customer must request, receive and use a new Bank of the West Debit Card linked to the new checking account for 10 or more debit card purchases all of which must post to the account by the last business day of the month for each of the first two full calendar months immediately following the month in which the opening deposit posts to the account, for a total of 20 or more transactions. Each purchase must be $3 or more. ATM transactions are excluded. All required purchases must be posted by 06/29/2018
There is an early account termination fee of $25 if your account is closed within 91 days of account opening.
Any Deposit Checking $10 Monthly Fee
This account has a $10 monthly fee. This is waived if you qualify for one of the following:
- Choose any deposit method (mobile, ATM, in-branch, or direct) and make a deposit of any amount each statement cycle
- If any account holder is under 25 years of age
They also charge a $3 paper statement fee, so make sure you have paperless statements set up.
They have offered bonuses of up to $300 in the past but that required deposits of $50,000 (apparently you can see this deal this time as well, just need to use a mobile browser). The $150 deal is the one most people usually went for and that’s the same except it’s a little bit more difficult to keep the account fee free as having $1,000 in there no longer waives the monthly fee. Still worth doing if you’re in the area I think and because of that I am adding it to our page on the best bank account bonuses.
Big thanks to reader, Trippy who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications