Published on February 7th, 2019 | by William Charles340
Bank Of The West – $150 Checking Promotion[AZ, CA, CO, ID, IA, KS, MN, MO, NE, NV, NM, ND, OK, OR, SD, UT, WA, WI, WY]
Update 2/7/19: Offer is back, but requires a direct deposit this time. Hat tip to readers Varaprasad k & Raj
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $300
- Availability: AZ, CA, CO, ID, IA, KS, MN, MO, NE, NV, NM, ND, OK, OR, SD, UT, WA, WI, WY
- Direct deposit required: Optional, $250+
- Additional requirements: Optional, 10 or more debit card transactions
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Yes (inquiry sensitive)
- Credit card funding: $500 max, Visa/MC only
- Monthly fees: $10, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: $25, 91 days
- Household limit: One per mailing address
- Expiration date:
August 18th, 2017 September 27th, 2017 March 3rd, 2018 April 13th, 2018 August 24th, 2018 October 15th, 2018 November 2nd, 2018May 31st, 2019
- Bank of The West is offering a $150 bonus when you open a new Any Deposit checking account. Complete the following requirements to get the bonus:
- $100 for setting up a direct deposit of $250 or more, must post to account by 05/31/19
- $50 for making 10 debit card transactions per month for the first two months
The Fine Print
- Requirements to Receive Up to $150 Bonus: Open a new personal Any Deposit Checking account at a branch or account application submitted on bankofthewest.com between 02/04/19 – 3/15/19 with any opening deposit amount ($0.01 or more) with funds new to Bank of the West (Bank) received and posted to the account no later than 3/22/19. This offer is also available for any other consumer checking account (minimum to open $100). UCB Student Checking and Premier Checking excluded.
- To receive the $100 bonus, customer must have a direct deposit of at least $250 (two or more direct deposits that add up to $250 do not qualify) posted to the account by 05/31/19. Direct deposit must be payroll, Social Security, pension or other government benefits.
- To receive the $50 bonus, customer must request, receive and use a new Bank of the West Debit Card linked to the new checking account for 10 or more debit card purchases all of which must post to the account by the last business day of the month for each of the first two full calendar months immediately following the month in which the opening deposit posts to the account, for a total of 20 or more transactions. Each purchase must be $3 or more. ATM transactions are excluded. All required purchases must be posted by 05/31/19.
- Bonus limitations:
- Offer is not available to existing Bank of the West customers with an open checking account as of 02/03/19.
- If the customer or other individuals residing at the same address received or may receive any other consumer checking bonus from the Bank between 06/01/17 – 06/27/19, then no one at that address is eligible.
- Limit of one $50 and one $100 consumer checking bonus per individual and per mailing address.
- Account must be in open status and have a positive balance as of 05/31/19 to be eligible to receive any bonus.
- Bonus will be credited to the open checking account by 06/28/19.
Any Deposit Checking $10 Monthly Fee
This account has a $10 monthly fee. This is waived if you qualify for one of the following:
- Choose any deposit method (mobile, ATM, in-branch, or direct) and make a deposit of any amount each statement cycle
- If any account holder is under 25 years of age
They also charge a $3 paper statement fee, so make sure you have paperless statements set up.
Early Account Termination Fee
There is an early account termination fee of $25 if your account is closed within 91 days of account opening.
- Update 09/23/18: Previously you got a $100 bonus for completing the direct deposit requirement and a $50 bonus for completing the debit card requirement. Now you can just do one or the other and get the full $150 bonus. Hat tip to readers calwatch and Andrew.
- Update 07/17/18: Deal is back and available until September 24th, 2018. Thanks to kit_tea_kat.
- Update 03/13/18: Back until April 13th, 2018. Hat tip to reader Casey
They have offered bonuses of up to $300 in the past but that required deposits of $50,000 (apparently you can see this deal this time as well, just need to use a mobile browser). The $150 deal is the one most people usually went for and that’s the same except it’s a little bit more difficult to keep the account fee free as having $1,000 in there no longer waives the monthly fee. Still worth doing if you’re in the area I think and because of that I am adding it to our page on the best bank account bonuses. Some people might want to wait for the version with no direct deposit to return.
Big thanks to reader, Trippy who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications