Published on November 19th, 2019 | by William Charles340
[Expired] BBVA Compass $200 Checking & $50 Savings Bonus – Available Online & Nationwide (Last Day)
Deal has expired, view more bank account bonuses by clicking here.
Update: I’ve updated the link and it should now work nationwide. There are two different links to use:
- This links works for all states except TX, AZ, CA, CO, AL, FL, NM, AK
- This links for TX, AZ, CA, CO, AL, FL, NM
Hat tip to reader missjenniferd1
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200 checking + $50 savings
- Availability: Nationwide (excluded Hawaii & Alaska)
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $500+
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: No
- Credit card funding: $500 Visa only and personal cards only (you can also fund savings account for another $500)
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: One year, bonus forfeit
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date: November 19th, 2019
Direct link to offer (see above)
- BBVA Compass is offering $200 when you open a new qualifying checking account and receive a qualifying direct deposit of at least $500 by December 31st, 2019. Use promo code MEGAONLINE or MEGA2019 depending on the link used
- You can also get a further $50 by opening a savings bonus by opening a new savings account with a minimum balance of $300 by December 31st, 2019. Keep in mind you can only do this savings bonus if you do the checking bonus (savings account must be opened within 60 days of checking)
The Fine Print
- For accounts opened in branch or by calling 1-844-BBVA USA, you must provide MEGA2019 promo code. Eligible accounts include BBVA Free Checking, BBVA Easy Checking and BBVA Convenience Checking (in CA and FL only). By December 31st, 2019 at least one (1) electronic Direct Deposit of your paycheck, pension or government benefits (such as Social Security) from your employer or the government in the amount of at least $500 must post to the new checking account. Qualifying electronic Direct Deposits do not include payments received into your account from payment apps such as PayPal, Venmo and other similar payment service providers. You must be a new BBVA consumer checking customer who has not had a BBVA consumer checking account open within the last 12 months or closed due to negative balance to be eligible for the bonus.
- You must first meet stipulations for the $200 Checking Bonus to be eligible for the $50 Savings Bonus. Open a new qualifying BBVA Consumer savings account from November 4 – November 19, 2019. Accounts may be opened in-branch, online or by calling 1-844-228-2872 to be eligible.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
If you live in AL, AZ, CA, CO, FL NM or TX then the best account to open is the BBVA Compass ClearChoice Free Checking as this has no monthly fees to worry about. Otherwise open the Clearconnect checking account which also has no monthly fees to worry about. There is a $3 fee on ClearConnect for paper statements, so make sure you opt for paperless statements.
ClearChoice Saving: has a $15 quarterly fee if the balance falls below $500. ClearConnect Saving has no monthly fees.
Early Account Termination Fee
Account needs to be kept open for one year or bonus is forfeit
Pretty similar to the recent offer, but this time with no household restriction. This means your spouse should be able to do this deal even if you’ve done a previous deal. Very good bonus and we will be adding this to the best nationwide bank bonuses.
Hat tip to reader Brian C
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times