Published on July 23rd, 2017 | by William Charles416
[Expired] Capital One $300 Checking & $200 Money Market Bonus – Available Nationwide
This bonus has expired and is no longer available. Click here for other bank promotions.
Reposting this as we now have datapoints of people receiving the bonus even if they weren’t targeted and even if they don’t have a Capital One credit card.
Apparently you will see the following during the sign up process:
Remember, you must meet all eligibility requirements to receive this bonus. You must have received an email, mail piece or notification directly from Capital One with the specific promo code. For 360 Money Market, you must deposit at least $10,000 by the offer expiration date listed in the offer disclosures. For 360 Checking you must receive 2 qualifying direct deposits of $250 or more within 60 days of accepting the terms and conditions.
The targeted section has not been enforced before, but YMMV.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $300 for checking & $200 for savings
- Availability: Nationwide
- Direct deposit required: Yes, two $250+ direct deposits for checking bonus
- Additional requirements: Deposit $10,000 for savings bonus. Must also use promo code BUN875
- Hard/soft pull: Soft, as long as you opt out of overdraft protection
- ChexSystems: Mixed
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: None
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date: July 31st, 2017
- Capital One is offering bonuses of $200 on a money market account and $300 on a checking account. Both require the use of promo code BUN875
- $200 money market bonus: Open account and deposit $10,000 by July 31st, 2017
- $300 checking account bonus: Open account by July 31st and receive two direct deposits of $250 or more within 60 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- These offers are only available for new customers and cannot be transferred.
- If you’re an existing Capital One Bank or Capital One 360 customer or a Capital One Associate you won’t be eligible for the bonuses. To receive any of these cash bonuses, your account must be in good standing (not in default, closed, or suspended).
- If you open an account through a business, it may be subject to closure/conversion. Bonus is only available for one 360 Checking account and one 360 Money Market account, and multiple new accounts will not qualify.
- You must have a valid Social Security number to open a 360 Money Market or 360 Checking account.
- $200 360 Money Market account bonus: Open your first Capital One 360 Money Market account online and deposit at least $10,000 no later than July 31, 2017, 11:59 p.m. ET. Capital One will deposit the $200 cash bonus into your money market account approximately 6–8 weeks after you accept the account terms and conditions.
- $300 360 Checking account bonus: Open your first Capital One 360 Checking account online no later than July 31, 2017, 11:59 p.m. ET. Receive two direct deposits of $250 or more each within 60 days of your acceptance of account terms and conditions. Direct deposits must be an electronic deposit of one of the following: your paycheck from your employer, Social Security/pension or other government benefits. Direct deposit is subject to employer or other payor options. Capital One will deposit the $300 cash bonus into your checking account approximately 6–8 week
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Both accounts have no monthly fees to worry about. There is also no early account termination fees.
Savings bonus isn’t new, but $300 for checking is. There used to be a $400 bonus that was targeted but that’s no longer offered. If you’re eligible for the checking bonus or savings bonus then I’d definitely recommend them as it’s quite easy to meet the bonus requirements and no monthly fees to worry about either. For the savings bonus the best part of this bonus is that there is no minimum length the $10,000 needs to be deposited for (ACHing in & out smaller amounts has worked in the past). These are being added to our list of the best checking and savings account bonuses.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications