Deal has now expired, click here to view the best checking/savings bonuses
4/4/17 Update: Reposting as code is actually working now.
Bonus has been extended until June 30th, 2017. New promo code is 200GROW. Looks like the promo code is not currently being accepted, if anybody gets it to work please let us know in the comments below.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: Nationwide
- Interest rate: 1% on balances of $10,000 or more, 0.6% on balances of $10,000 or less.
- Deposit requirement: $10,000
- Deposit length: None listed (10 days if it’s your initial deposit)
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Yes
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: None
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date: Must deposit at least $10,000 no later than 6/30/2017 11:59 p.m
- Open a new Capital One 360 Money Market account and get a bonus of $200 when complete the following:
- Use promo code 200GROW this is not autofilled! (Should be found under the funding your account tab)
- Deposit $10,000 or more by June 30th, 2017
The Fine Print
- To qualify for the $200 bonus, open your very first 360 Money Market account online and deposit at least $10,000 no later than 6/30/2017 11:59 p.m. (If you currently have or have had a Savings product with Capital One Bank, Capital One 360 or ING DIRECT before or are a Capital One Associate, you won’t be eligible for the bonus.) In order to qualify for the bonus, you must make a deposit from an external account. Transfers between any Capital One accounts will not qualify. This offer cannot be combined with any other Capital One Bank or Capital One 360 new account opening offer, and is strictly non-transferable. Bonus offer is not valid for multiple accounts and is only available one per account.
- If you qualify for a bonus, Capital One will deposit the bonus money into your account in approximately 6-8 weeks after completing the above conditions. Once it’s deposited, the funds will be available immediately. Account must be in good standing (not in default, closed, or suspended, or otherwise not in good standing).
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has no monthly fees or minimums to worry about.
They have previously offered this deal, but it has always had targeted language in the fine print. This is no longer the case and it’s available to everybody. The best part of this bonus is that there is no minimum length the $10,000 needs to be deposited for (I don’t know if ACHing in & out smaller amounts will work or not. E.g transfer $5,000 in, transfer $5,000 out and then repeat. Let us know in the comments. Update, ACHing in and out does work).
Bonus usually posts quite quickly after the $10,000 has been deposited. The 1% APY rate is OK, but there are better rates available. We will be adding this to our list of the best savings accounts. Capital One also have a $200 bonus on their checking accounts, but this one still contains the targeted language.
Big thanks to reader, Justincase who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications