Published on October 19th, 2019 | by William Charles57
[Expired] Capital One Money Market $200-$1,000 Bonus + 1.8% APY (Requires Deposit Of $10,000-$150,000)
Deal has expired, view more checking promos here
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $1,000
- Availability: Nationwide
- Deposit required: $10,000-$150,000+
- Deposit length: 90 days
- Interest rate: 1.80% APY
- Hard/soft pull: Soft, as long as you opt out of overdraft protection
- ChexSystems: Mixed
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: None
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: December 31st, 2019
- Capital One is offering a bonus of $1,000. To receive the bonus you must use the promo code SAVE1000. Account must be funded within 10 days and balance must be maintained for 90 days
- Earn a $200 bonus with a balance of $10,000–$149,999.99
- Earn a $1,000 bonus with a balance of $150,000 or more.
The Fine Print
- Open a 360 Performance Savings account between 12:00 a.m. ET on October 15, 2019, and 11:59 p.m. ET on December 31, 2019. When you open your account, enter your promotional code—SAVE1000. If you have or had an open savings and/or money market account as a primary or secondary account holder (excludes CD) with Capital One on or after January 1, 2016, you’re ineligible for the bonus. This account is subject to approval.
- Deposit a total of $10,000 or more of new money from an external bank (transfers between Capital One accounts will not qualify) within the first 10 days of account opening (Initial Funding Period). You will earn a bonus once you’ve maintained a daily balance of $10,000 or more for 90 days following the Initial Funding Period. Your bonus will be calculated as follows: an account with a daily balance between $10,000–$149,999.99 will earn $200 or an account with a daily balance of $150,000 or more will earn $1,000. If at any time during the 90 days following the Initial Funding Period your daily balance decreases to an amount less than $150,000, you will earn a cash bonus of $200. If your daily balance decreases to an amount less than $10,000, you will not qualify for a cash bonus.
- This offer cannot be combined with any other Capital One 360 new savings account opening offer, including savings accounts opened through Refer A Friend. Only one promotional code is accepted. Bonus is only valid for one account.
- Capital One will deposit the bonus into your account within 60 days after you have completed all the requirements above. If your account is in default, closed, or suspended, or otherwise not in good standing, you will not receive the bonus.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has no monthly fees and there is also no early account termination fee.
Previous deals from Capital One have been $200 for $10,000+ & $500 for $50,000+. The $1,000 bonus is the highest we’ve ever seen, but the return isn’t as good as the previous $200/$500 deals. Still if you have $150,000 and put it into this account for 90 days you’ll earn ~$1,700 for an annualized return of ~4.5% APY. I’ll be adding this to our list of the best savings account bonuses.
Hat tip to dKailers
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times