Published on March 12th, 2019 | by Chuck153
[Expired] Capital One Money Market $200-$500 Bonus + 2% APY (Requires Deposit Of $10,000-$50,000)
Deal has expired, view more bank account bonuses
[Update 3/12/19: Deal is back again for 3/11/9-5/19/19. Update image and promo code and offer link below. Thanks to reader A.S.]
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $500
- Availability: Nationwide
- Deposit Required: $10,000-$50,000+
- Deposit Length: 10 days from account opening
- Hard/soft pull: Soft, as long as you opt out of overdraft protection
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: None
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date:
February 28th, 2019May 19, 2019
- Capital One is offering a bonus of up to $500. To receive the bonus you must use the promo code EARN500 & deposit a set amount of funds within the first 10 days of account opening and then maintain that balance during the following 90 days. The bonus tiers are as follows:
- Earn a $500 bonus for deposits of $50,000 or more
- Earn a $200 bonus for deposits of $10,000 to $49,999
The Fine Print
- Open a 360 Money Market account between 12:00 a.m. ET on January 1, 2019, and 11:59 p.m. ET on February 28, 2019.
- When you open your account, enter your promotional code—CELEBRATE.
- If you have or had an open savings product with Capital One after January 1, 2016, you’re ineligible for the bonus.
- Deposit $10,000 or more of new money from an external bank (transfers between Capital One accounts will not qualify) within the first 10 days of account opening (Initial Funding Period).
- The amount of your bonus will be determined as follows:
- $200 bonus — you maintained a daily balance of $10,000 – $49,999.99 for the first 90 days following the Initial Funding Period
- $500 bonus — you maintained a daily balance of $50,000 or more for the first 90 days following the Initial Funding Period
- If your daily balance drops to a lower tier at any point during the 90-day period, you’ll earn the lower tier bonus. If you make additional deposits during the 90-day period to reach the next tier, you’ll only be eligible for the lower tier bonus.
- This offer cannot be combined with any other Capital One Bank or Capital One 360 new savings account opening offer. Bonus is only valid for one account.
- Capital One will deposit the bonus into your account within 60 days after the end of the Initial Funding Period. If your account is in default, closed, or suspended, or otherwise not in good standing, you will not receive the bonus.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has no monthly fees and there is also no early account termination fee.
Offer is similar bonus amounts to what we’ve seen in the past from Capital One. Far as I can tell this bonus is publicly available for anyone, though many people won’t be eligible due to having a Capital One savings product since 2016 (“savings product” seems top include both savings accounts and money market accounts).
You do need to tie up the funds for 90-100 days. The good thing is that the account earns a competitive 2% APY interest rate. Personally, I’d go for this bonus if I wasn’t an existing Capital One savings customer. We’ll add this to the best bank bonus page. Keep in mind that cumulative deposits no longer work for these Capital One bonuses.
Big thanks to reader @myi who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times