Deal has expired, view more bank account bonuses by clicking here
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: Branches are in FL, NC, TX, UT, VA, but account can be opened nationwide
- Direct deposit required: No
- Additional requirements: Make 10 debit card purchases
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems:Unknown, sensitive
- Credit card funding: Up to $1,500
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date: February 29th, 2020
- Chartway Federal Credit Union is offering a bonus of $100 when you open a new LifePlus or Cash Back Checking account checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Use promo code FRESHCHECK20
- Make 10 purchases with your debit card ($10 minimum per transaction)
The Fine Print
- Checking: $5 minimum required to maintain a savings account. $15 minimum required to open LifePlus checking account.
- To qualify for $100 bonus, open a Cash Back Checking or LifePlus Checking account using promo code FRESHCHECK20, and make ten (10) Visa® debit purchases of $10 or more within 60 days of account opening.
- Individuals with existing Chartway checking accounts will not qualify.
- Bonus will be awarded within 60 days of account opening and deposited into Chartway checking account. Account must be in good standing to receive cash incentive. A
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Cash back checking account has no monthly fee to worry about.
Early Account Termination Fee
I wasn’t able to find an up to date fee schedule, so I’m not sure if an EATF is charged. In the past the fine print has stated the account needs to be kept open for 180 days, you might as well do that as the account has no monthly fee anyway.
Chartway just offered a $150 bonus, same requirements. That was obviously better offer than this. I guess this is still worth doing because we don’t know when a similar offer will return, but I won’t add it to the best checking bonus page due to the fact that they so recently offered a bigger bonus. Also keep in mind they are extremely ChexSystems sensitive.
Hat tip to reader SA
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times