Published on January 5th, 2019 | by William Charles87
Chase Business Checking $200 Bonus – No Direct Deposit Required
Update 4: 1/5/19: Offer has been extended until April 9th, 2019. Hat tip to reader Toad.
Update 3 (7/13/18): $200 offer is back through October 10th, updated the link below. Might be worth waiting for a $300 bonus, let us know if you see one.
Update 2: The $300 bonus is back, so do that one instead.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: Nationwide (must open account in branch)
- Direct deposit required: None
- Additional requirements: Deposit $1,000, make 5 transactions
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- Credit card funding: Not available when opening in branch
- Monthly fees: Waivable
- Early account termination fee: Bonus taken back if closed within six months
- Expiration date:
December 29th, 2017 April 4th, 2018 October 10th, 2018April 9th, 2019
- Chase is offering a bonus of $200 when you open a new Chase Total Business checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Deposit $1,000 in new money within 10 business days & maintain that balance for 60 days
- Complete five qualifying transactions within 60 days of account opening. Qualifying transactions are:
- Debit card purchases
- Checks paid
- Chase QuickDeposit
- ACH (Credits and Debits)
- Wires (Credits and Debits)
The Fine Print
- After you have completed all the above checking requirements, we’ll deposit the bonus in your new account within 10 business days.
- You can receive only one new business checking account opening related bonus every two years from the last enrollment date and only one bonus per account
- If the checking account is closed by the client or Chase within six months after opening, we will deduct the bonus amount for that account at closing
- Checking offer is not available to existing Chase business checking clients, local, state or federal Government entities or agencies, Not for Profit organizations, Political Action Committees, or those with fiduciary accounts, campaign accounts, or whose accounts have been closed within 90 days or closed with a negative balance.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Chase Total Business Checking has no monthly fee when you maintain a daily minimum balance of $1,500 or more. Otherwise a $12 Monthly Service Fee will apply ($10 Monthly Service Fee when enrolled in Paperless Statements).
Other ways to waive the fee: if you maintain a linked Chase Private Client Checking or Chase Premier Platinum Checking personal account.
Reports indicate that Chase usually waives the fee for the first couple months.
Early Account Termination Fee
Accounts need to be kept open for a minimum of six months; otherwise, the bonus will be forfeited.
Keep in mind that Chase has offered a $500 business checking bonus in the past. Some readers have also been receiving targeted offers for the $500 bonus as well. Those bonuses are for the performance checking account, this account is harder to keep fee free but you should be able to simply downgrade the account after getting the bonus to post (and the monthly fee is waived for the first two months. You can check eBay to see if there are any $500 coupons for sale, but at the moment I don’t see any. Other people have also been targeted for a $300 offer with the same terms as this $200 bonus.
I’d recommend holding out for a $500 bonus as it’s significantly better than this $200 bonus. I’m not going to add it to the list of the best business checking bonuses for those reasons for now. Especially considering you have to wait two years between bonuses now.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times