Published on April 18th, 2019 | by William Charles412
Chase Business Total Checking $300 In Branch Bonus – No Direct Deposit Required
Update 4/18/19: Deal is back and valid until June 3, 2019. Hat tip to reader Snowbird
Update 2/22/19: Deal is back and valid until 4/8/19.
Update 1/19/18: Deal is back and valid until February 21st, 2019. Hat tip to reader Abey.
- Maximum bonus amount: $300
- Availability: Nationwide (not truly nationwide as not all states have branches)
- Direct deposit required: None
- Additional requirements: Deposit $1,000 & maintain it for 60 days. Complete five qualifying transactions
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: No
- Credit card funding: Not available when opening in branch
- Monthly fees: $15, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: Six months, bonus forfeit
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date:
December 22nd, 2017 February 22nd, 2018 May 21st, 2018 June 28th, 2018 October 2nd, 2018 November 19th, 2018 February 21st, 2019 April 8th, 2019June 3, 2019
- Chase is offering a bonus of $300 when you open a new Chase Total Business checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Deposit $1,000 in new money within 10 business days & maintain that balance for 60 days
- Complete five qualifying transactions within 60 days of account opening. Qualifying transactions are:
- Debit card purchases
- Chase QuickDeposit
- ACH (Credits)
- Wires (Credits)
The Fine Print
- To receive the business checking bonus:
- 1) Open a new Chase Total Business Checking® account, Chase Performance Business Checking® (or Chase Performance Business Checking® with Interest) account or Chase Platinum Business CheckingSM account, which is subject to approval;
- 2) Deposit $1,000 or more in new money into your new checking account within 10 business days of account opening; and
- 3) Maintain at least $1,000 balance for 60 days from the date of deposit. The new money cannot be funds held by Chase or its affiliates.
- 4) Complete 5 qualifying transactions within 60 days — debit card purchases, checks paid, Chase QuickDepositSM, ACH (Credits), wires (Credits). After you have completed all the above checking requirements, we’ll deposit the bonus in your new account within 10 business days.
- You can receive only one new business checking account opening related bonus every two years from the last enrollment date and only one bonus per account
- Checking offer is not available to existing Chase business checking clients, local, state or federal Government entities or agencies, Not for Profit organizations, Political Action Committees, or those with fiduciary accounts, campaign accounts, or whose accounts have been closed within 90 days or closed with a negative balance.
- If the checking account is closed by the client or Chase within six months after opening, we will deduct the bonus amount for that account at closing.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Chase Total Business Checking $15 Monthly Fee
Chase Total Business Checking has no monthly fee when you maintain a daily minimum balance of $1,500 or more. Otherwise a $15 Monthly Service Fee will apply ($12 Monthly Service Fee when enrolled in Paperless Statements). This is the easiest account to keep fee free.
Other ways to waive the fee: if you maintain a linked Chase Private Client Checking or Chase Premier Platinum Checking personal account or if you are military/veteran. Reports indicate that Chase usually waives the fee for the first couple months.
Early Account Termination Fee
Accounts need to be kept open for a minimum of six months; otherwise, the bonus will be forfeited.
- Update 10/01/18: Bonus is back, but it contains the new two year language. Hat tip to reader Kaung.
- Update 08/27/18: $300 Bonus is back. Thanks to reader Alec
- Update 04/05/18: $300 Bonus is back. Thanks to reader razierklinge
- Update: 03/01/18: There is now a $200 bonus available. I’d personally just wait for the $300 bonus to come along again. Hat tip to reader Steven
- Update 01/12/18: $300Bonus is back and valid until February 22nd, 2018. Thanks to blueeyes_austin. Keep in mind some people are being targeted for a 30,000 UR offer as well.
Chase has offered bonuses of up to $500 on business checking accounts in the past, that was last offered publicly in September of 2016 though and it was for the performance account that was harder to keep fee free. You can get one business checking bonus every two years now (used to be once per calendar). Keep in mind you also need to have keep your account open for six months. Some people might want to wait until later in the year, but personally I am not that confident we will see the $500 bonus again (and we didn’t see a public $500 bonus in 2017) so it might make more sense to get it done now. Because of that I’ll add it to the list of the best business checking bonuses. Hurrying is less of an issue now with the two year language. But remember to decide for yourself if it makes sense to wait or not.
Hat tip to rct12345
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times