Published on January 27th, 2019 | by Chuck97
Chase Credit Cards Going Contactless [Sapphire Reserve Added]
Update: Chase Sapphire Reserve now has a contactless option.
Update: Chase has sent out an official press release regarding contactless cards. A few key points:
- All Chase Visa credit cards, including all co-brand cards, will have tap-to-pay functionality by the first half of 2019,
- Chase debit cards will offer the tap to pay feature in the second half of 2019.
Looks like cards are in two categories:
- December 2018
- AARP Credit Card from Chase
- British Airways Visa Signature® Card
- Chase Freedom® Credit Card
- Chase Freedom Unlimited® Credit Card
- Chase Slate® Credit Card
- The World of Hyatt Credit Card
- Starbucks Rewards™ Visa® Card
- UnitedSM Explorer Card
- UnitedSM TravelBank Card
- UnitedSM MileagePlus® Card
- UnitedSM MileagePlus® Club Card
- UnitedSM MileagePlus® Explorer Business Card
- Amazon Rewards Visa Signature Card
- Disney® Premier Visa® Card
- Disney® Visa® Card
- Ink Business Unlimited Credit Card
- Ink Business CashSM Credit Card
- Ink Business PreferredSM Credit Card
- Marriott Rewards® Premier Plus Credit Card
- Marriott Rewards® Premier Plus Business Credit Card
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® Credit Card
- Chase Sapphire Reserve® Credit Card
- Southwest Rapid Rewards® Priority Credit Card
- Southwest Rapid Rewards® Plus Credit Card
- Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier Credit Card
- Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier Business Credit Card
Chase is announcing Contactless Payments coming to Chase Visa cards. Contactless payments allows you to pay by tapping your card on eligible payment terminals instead of swiping or inserting the card. Saves a bit of time, and a lot of people find it useful when traveling abroad, especially.
We recently wrote about Chase Slate going contactless, and it now seems it’ll be rolling out to other Chase cards as well. Reddit members are hearing from Chase reps that there’ll be a mailer being sent out about this, with new cards being issued possibly after November 15th.
In the FAQ, it states: We’ll begin issuing contactless cards in 2018 on an ongoing basis. If you’d like to order a contactless card prior to your card’s expiration date, please call the number on the back of your card.