Published on November 29th, 2014 | by William Charles5
Chase Freedom Bonus Back Up To 20,000/22,500 Points Or $200/$225
I know I’m extremely late in posting this, I’m still getting caught up after being largely without internet for November.
- Chase is offering a sign up bonus of 20,000 Chase UR points on their Chase Freedom card when you spend $500 or more within three months of opening your card.
- You can also earn another 2,500 points by adding an authorized user when they make their first purchase
The Fine Print
- No annual fee
- Card has rotating 5% cash back categories, click here to view previous and future cash back categories
- Earn 1% cash back on all other purchases
- This card earns Chase UR points. if you have a Chase Sapphire Preferred, Ink Bold or Ink Plus then you can transfer these points at a ratio of 1:1 to airline and hotel partners
This $200/$225 deal comes around about four times per year. I think the Chase Freedom is a solid card and worth applying for when the bonus is at this level. That being said, there is really no urgency in getting this card due to how often this higher sign up bonus is offered. If you haven’t already I’d recommend looking at the leaked 2015 5% cash back rotating categories.
You might also find these pages helpful:
- If you received a lower sign up bonus within the past three months, send Chase a secured message and they’ll match this higher bonus [Click here to see which other card issuers bonus match]
- Chase cards are churnable
- Our full review of the Chase Freedom card
- Credit cards with the highest cash sign up bonuses
- Credit cards that earn 5% cash back or more