Published on November 23rd, 2017 | by Chuck6
[Expired] Citi Prestige 40,000 ThankYou Points Signup Bonus is Back
This deal has expired, click here for the best current credit card bonuses.
- Get 40,000 bonus Thank You points when signing up for a Citi Prestige card and spending $4,000 within three months
- Annual fee of $450
- $50 additional user fee
- $250 annual air travel credit
- 4th hotel night free benefit
- No foreign transaction fees
Card earns the following rates:
- 3x points per $1 spent on all airlines, hotels and travel agencies
- 2x points per $1 spent on all spend at restaurants and select entertainment
- 1x point per $1 spent on all other purchases
Card had no signup bonus for the past few weeks, and now the standard 40k offer is back. This is nowhere near the recent 75,000 offer. It’s also a bit late to get the 2017 credit since you only have until the December statement closes. Hopefully, if you get approved now your statement will close sometime toward the end of December, and you’ll be able to triple dip on the airline credit with just one annual fee.
As an alternative to the Prestige card, you can signup for the Citi Premier 50,000 bonus Thank You points signup bonus. It might also be worth seeing if the Prestige offer is available in branch as they have been known to offer the lower annual fee of $350 in-brach (a fee typically reserved for Citi Priority Account Package holders).
Make sure you’re aware of the new Citi application rule: signup bonus ThankYou points are not available if you have had ThankYou Preferred, ThankYou Premier or Citi Prestige cards opened or closed in the past 24 months. Also check out these Things to Know about Citi Credit Cards before applying.
Hat tip to Uscreditcardguide