Deal has ended, view more bank account bonuses by clicking here.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: WI only, must be a student
- Direct deposit required: No
- Additional requirements: Use promo code
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull to open account, but hard pull to become a member. Up to the CSR discretion if that hard pull is done or not through 2020
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: None
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: October 31, 2020
- Summit Credit Union is offering a bonus of $100 when you open a new student checking account with a unique coupon code (you can get a coupon code on the landing page).
The Fine Print
- *Offer valid 8/17/2020-9/30/2020.
- $100 cash bonus will be deposited into your account by 10/31/2020.
- Cash bonuses are considered taxable income and are subject to 1099 tax reporting.
- Coupon code required to receive $100.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has no monthly fees to worry about
Early Account Termination Fee
According to this comment there is no early account termination fee.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times