Published on May 8th, 2016 | by Chuck22
Citi to Reserve Citigold for the Rich Starting November
Starting November 2016, Citi will only allow those who have $200,000 or more in assets with Citi to have Citigold accounts. Even existing Citigold members will be downgraded to a different Citi product at that time. They will be contacted about the change.
You can see this in the fine print on this page:
* Effective November 1, 2016, if you do not maintain a minimum combined average monthly balance of $200,000 in eligible deposits, retirement accounts, and investment balances, your Citigold Account Package will be converted to a different banking package and your accounts will be subject to the terms and conditions then in effect for that package. We will contact you prior to account conversion and send you complete information about the banking package to which your account will be converted.
The era of Citigold checking bonuses is coming to an end. There’s no credit card funding anymore, you can’t do their offers if you weren’t targeted, and now – even if you are targeted – you won’t be able to remain a Citigold account holder unless you have $200,000 with them.
HT: Reader Dan
- Step by Step Guide to Citigold Checking Bonus
- PSA: Don’t Cancel Citigold – Downgrade It!
- Downgrading Citigold Checking Account to Basic
- Citigold: Do you lose points when downgrading to Basic?
- Citibank Rolls Out Citigold Client Center in Manhattan
- Citi No Longer Honoring Citigold Checking Bonuses