Published on February 24th, 2019 | by William Charles248
[Expired] [CT, DE, MA, MI, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VT] Citizens Bank $200/$400/$600 Checking Bonus
Deal has expired, view more bank account bonuses by clicking here.
Update: The promo code now automatically appears after entering your zip code.
Warning: No promo code is automatically applied so I’m worried that this bonus won’t work. My gut feel is that it’s supposed to be targeted with a unique promo code required but the terms don’t say anything regarding this.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $600
- Availability: CT, DE, MA, MI, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VT
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $500-$2,000
- Additional requirements:
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull as long as you opt out of over draft protecton.
- ChexSystems: Mixed data points
- Credit card funding: Up to $1,000, Visa & MasterCard only
- Monthly fees: Up to $24.95, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: None
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date: May 16th, 2019
- Citizens Bank is offering a bonus of up to $600 when you open a new One Deposit Checking or Citizens Bank Platinum Checking. The bonus you receive depends on the direct deposit you set up the account to receive:
- $500 direct deposit: $200 bonus
- $1,000 direct deposit: $400 bonus
- $2,000 direct deposit: $600 bonus
- Direct deposit received needs to be by a specific month based on when the account was opened, check landing page for the dates.
The Fine Print
- To qualify for a new checking bonus you must open your first new personal checking account, excluding Student Checking, between 1/31/19 and 5/16/19 and have at least one single direct deposit post to your new checking account by the date stated in the table below based on your account open date.
- Bonus amount and payout date will vary (see tables below for details).
- Direct Deposit is recurring income electronically deposited into your Citizens Bank checking account and may include salary, pension, Social Security and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits and other regular monthly income.
- Primary signer on the new account may not be or have been a primary or secondary signer on any Citizens Bank personal checking or savings accounts within the previous six months.
- The new account must be open and in good standing to qualify for this offer. Offer may be withdrawn without notice and cannot be combined with any other offer.
- In order to be eligible to participate in this promotion, the customer must open their first new personal checking account via Citizens Bank’s online account opening system accessed by clicking on the link on this page.
- Customer should print this screen for their records. Customer may only be paid a bonus associated with this program one time.
- If you meet all the checking account requirements the new checking bonus will be deposited to your new checking account by the date stated in the table below.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Citizens Bank One Deposit Checking Account $9.99 Monthly Fee
The One Deposit checking account comes with a $9.99 monthly fee. Fee is waived by making one deposit each statement period. (According to this comment they really do count any deposit – even a transfer from another Citizens Bank account will trigger this.)
Citizens Bank Platinum Checking Account $25 Monthly Fee
Citizens Bank Platinum Checking: $25 fee is waived with $25,000 in combined deposits
Early Account Termination Fee
As far as we know there is no early account termination fee.
There is a public $200/$450 bonus, this bonus is better because it’s bigger ($600 max vs $450) and you can also do the one deposit account and still get a bonus of $400/$600. Because of that I will be adding this to our list of the best checking bonuses.
Hat tip to reader bonus_chaser
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times