Update 7/2/21: Has been increased to 12000 SB / 20000 MP. Hat tip to ShawntheShawn.
Update 3/13/21: Swagbucks bonus is down to 10,000 points. My Points is 17,000.
Update 2/23/21: Now $130 on Swagbucks. Hat tip to reader Davis
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $130 in Swagbucks
- Availability: Nationwide
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $200+
- Additional requirements: None
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: No
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: $4.95
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: None listed
- Current is offering a bonus of 13,000 Swagbucks when you open a new personal checking account and connect a payroll direct deposit of $200 or more within 30 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- Offer may only be redeemed once per user
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
The premium checking account has a $4.95 monthly fee.
Early Account Termination Fee
I wasn’t able to find a fee schedule so I’m unsure if there is an early account termination fee.
Normally we don’t post checking bonuses unless they are at least $100, but this is nationwide. I suspect we will be seeing a lot of these nextgen banking apps/cards offering bonuses like this in the future. Personally I’d recommend waiting for a larger bonus from current as I don’t think this will be the best bonus ever offered by them. Because of that I won’t be adding this to the list of the best checking account bonuses.
Hat tip to reader Les-el
- Update 10/21/10: Terms now state you have to open the Premium checking account that has a $4.95 monthly fee.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times
- Update 1/14/21: Back again. Hat tip to Yaro
- Update 11/10/20: Bonus has been increased to 10,000 Swagbucks or 17,000 MyPoints. Hat tip to reader Davis.