Published on April 30th, 2018 | by William Charles152
[Expired] Denizen $100 Bonus – No Direct Deposit Required – Available Nationwide
This bonus has expired and is no longer available. Click here to view the best current checking bonuses.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: Nationwide
- Direct deposit required: None
- Additional requirements: Deposit $100+
- Hard/soft pull: Unknown
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: $0
- Early account termination fee:
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date: July 4th, 2018
- Denizen is offering a $100 bonus when you open a new account and deposit $100 or more on your first deposit (also need an average balance of $100 for 60 days according to this comment)
The Fine Print
- Bonus/Account Information: Account offer is not available to existing Denizen customers.
- To receive the $100 Deposit Match bonus:
- 1) Open a new Denizen account, which is subject to approval;
- 2) Deposit $100 or more on first deposit.
- After you have completed all the above requirements, we’ll deposit the bonus in your new account within 90 business days.
- You can receive only one new Denizen account related bonus each calendar year and only one bonus per account.
- Bonuses are considered interest and will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT (or Form 1042-S, if applicable).
- Only one denizen account per person (One SSN and/or One EU Tax ID). Multiple submissions under multiple emails or phones for one person can not be used. Submitting multiple applications may result in your Denizen account to be closed.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Early Account Termination Fee
If the account is closed within six months, the bonus is forfeit and deducted at account closing.
I think whoever created the bonus page must be a doctor of credit reader, as they basically ripped off our ‘offer at a glance’ section. Sadly they didn’t include whether it’s a soft/hard pull though. Denizen is a start up that has been backed by BBVA, it looks like it’s mainly targeted towards those living abroad or working in different counties. They have no monthly fees, no ATM fees, no transfer fees and no foreign exchange fees.
You also receive a free Visa card (Mastercard debit card is for those in Europe). Overall that sounds pretty good, especially when coupled with a $100 sign up bonus. My only concern would be what exchange rate is being used, according to the knowledge base they use the prior days exchange rate for direct transactions and Visa/Mastercard set the rate for the debit card transaction. For consumers it’s basically impossible to get a better rate than what Visa/Mastercard set so this is a good deal. The general thought is that Mastercard offers slightly better rates than Visa, but it shouldn’t be a huge difference and tiny compared to cards charging 3% fees.
Looks like the opening process requires a passport and you need to show the passport and your face on video. It will also take up to 24-48 hours, so won’t know for sure if it’s a hard/soft pull. If it’s a soft pull then this bonus is definitely worth doing and would possibly replace Charles Schwab as the best account for overseas travel.
Big thanks to reader, Bob S who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times