Published on May 4th, 2018 | by William Charles13
[FL, IN, KY, OH & TN] Republic Bank $200 Checking Bonus
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: FL, IN, KY, OH & TN only
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $100+
- Additional requirements:
- Hard/soft pull: Hard
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Up to $500 online, not sure if possible in branch
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date:
December 31st, 2018December 31st, 2019
- Republic Bank is offering a bonus of $200 when you open a new checking account with the promo code LX1/LX2. Bonus is broken down as follows:
- $100 for receiving a direct deposit of at least $100 before the end of the third full statement cycle
- $100 for completing at least 50 point of sale debit card transactions
The Fine Print
- Offer expires 12/31/2018.
- Offer available for new accounts only (excludes account conversions).
- All cash bonuses earned will be automatically deposited into the account on the first business day of the statement cycle following the statement on which the qualifying activity appeared and are reportable as interest on a 1099-INT.
- $100 cash bonus earned for receipt of direct deposit (an ACH credit transaction, such as payroll or other automatic transfer into your account) of at least $100 to your checking account, provided that the direct deposit occurs between the day the account is opened and the end of the third full statement cycle.
- $100 cash bonus earned if a total of 50 or more point-of-sale (POS) transactions are processed from the time the account is opened until the end of the third full statement cycle. This does not include transactions conducted through an ATM.
- Not valid with any other offer.
- Offer subject to change. Offer valid with flyer / promo codes only. Some restrictions apply.
- Valid identification required.
- Savings Accounts are not eligible.
- The following checking account types cannot be opened online. To apply for one of these checking account types please visit your local Republic Bank banking center: Easy Interest (Florida), Advantage Checking (Florida, Northern Kentucky, Ohio, Tennessee), Simple Access (Kentucky, Northern Kentucky, Tennessee, Ohio, Indiana, Florida), Military Honors (Kentucky, Northern Kentucky, Tennessee, Ohio, Indiana, Florida).
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
The easy checking account has no monthly fees to worry about. I wasn’t able to find a fee schedule so I’m unsure if there is any early account termination fee or not.
Unfortunately the hard pull on this account kills the deal. Previously the best bonus they have offered is a $100 bonus offered to both parties. Either way we won’t be adding this to the best checking bonuses due to that hard pull.
Big thanks to reader, Matt & Kelly C who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times