Published on October 11th, 2018 | by William Charles18
[Expired] [FL, MA, NJ, NY, VT] Trustco Bank $100 Personal Checking Bonus
Seems like the offer is no longer being shown on the homepage.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount:
- Availability: FL, MA, NJ, NY, VT, must open in branch [Branch locator]
- Direct deposit required: Yes, full paycheck/benefits
- Additional requirements: None
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: $5, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: $26 if closed within three months + you forfeit bonus
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date:
August 31st, 2018September 30th, 2018
- Trustco Bank is offering a bonus of $100 when you open a Home Town Premier checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Set up a direct deposit (entire amount from recurring Payroll, Social Security, and/or Pension (minimum of $100 monthly Direct Deposit). Must be completed within 45 calendar days of August 31st, 2018.
The Fine Print
- Offers valid until 8/31/18. *To receive the $100, you must open a Home Town Premier Checking Account with Direct Deposit.
- Minimum of $50 to open a Home Town Premier Checking Account.
- Monthly maintenance fees may apply and may have a minimum balance requirement. Direct Deposits must be the entire amount from a recurring Payroll, Social Security, and/or Pension (minimum of $100 monthly Direct Deposit).
- Direct Deposit must be completed within 45 calendar days from end of promotion.
- Bonus will be paid within 30 days of verification.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
The Home Town Premier checking account has a $5 monthly fee, this is waived with either:
- Direct Deposit of Payroll, Social Security or Retirement Income Or
- $500 monthly average collected balance
Early Account Termination Fee
If the account is closed within three months you have to pay a $26 fee, you also forfeit the bonus.
Not the biggest bonus available, but might be worth doing for those who have already done the bigger/easier bonuses in their area.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times