Published on June 30th, 2019 | by William Charles32
[FL, MA, NJ, NY, VT] Trustco Bank $100 Personal Checking Bonus + $50 Savings Bonus
Update 6/30/19: Deal is back and valid until July 31st, 2019, this time you can get an additional $50 bonus by opening a savings account. Hat tip to reader IS250
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount:
- Availability: FL, MA, NJ, NY, VT, must open in branch [Branch locator]
- Direct deposit required: Yes, full paycheck/benefits
- Additional requirements: None
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- Chexsystems: Yes
- Credit card funding: Can’t be funded with a credit card
- Monthly fees: $5, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: $26 if closed within three months + you forfeit bonus
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date:
August 31st, 2018 September 30th, 2018July 31st, 2019
- Trustco Bank is offering a bonus of $100 when you open a Home Town Premier checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Set up a direct deposit (entire amount from recurring Payroll, Social Security, and/or Pension (minimum of $100 monthly Direct Deposit). Must be completed within 60 calendar days of July 31st, 2019
- Get an additional $50 when you open a new savings account as well (excluding club accounts)
The Fine Print
- Promotional offer valid from 6/3/19 until 7/31/19.
- To receive the $100, you must open a Home Town Premier Checking or Home Town Free Checking Account with Direct Deposit
- Minimum of $50 to open a Home Town Premier or Home Town Free Checking Account.
- To receive the $150, you must open a Home Town Premier Checking or Home Town Free Checking Account with Direct Deposit and a new Savings Account (Club Accounts excluded).
- Direct Deposits must be the entire amount from a recurring Payroll, Social Security, and/or Pension (minimum of $100 monthly Direct Deposit).
- Direct Deposit must be completed within 60 calendar days from end of promotion. Bonuses will be paid within 60 calendar days of verification of Direct Deposits.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
The Home Town Premier checking account has a $5 monthly fee, this is waived with either:
- Direct Deposit of Payroll, Social Security or Retirement Income Or
- $500 monthly average collected balance
Not sure what the balance requirement is to keep the savings account fee free.
Early Account Termination Fee
If the account is closed within three months you have to pay a $26 fee, you also forfeit the bonus.
Not the biggest bonus available, but might be worth doing for those who have already done the bigger/easier bonuses in their area. Will add this to our best bank bonus page.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times