Update 8/15/20: Looks like this bonus is now $300 with the promo code biz300. There is no direct link, but you need to open this in branch anyway. Hat tip to reader Dean
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $300
- Availability: Florida only
- Direct deposit required: None
- Additional requirements: Maintain a minimum average balance of $1,500 at 90 days
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- Credit card funding: Unknown, possibly up to $1,000
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: $30 if closed within 90 days
- Expiration date: None listed
No direct link, in branch only
- Sign up for a Free Business Checking account with Seacoast bank using the promotional code biz300
- Receive a sign up bonus of $300 as long as you have maintained a minimum average balance of $1,500 at 90 days after account opening.
The Fine Print
- Must maintain a $1,500 minimum average balance through 90 days to qualify for the bonus.
- Valid for new Seacoast business checking customers only
- Limit one $250 bonus per business relationship
- The bonus will be credited to the eligible account after 90 days of opening if the aforementioned requirements are met.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
- Offer subject to change or withdrawal at any time without notice.
- Offer valid for recipient only.
- Offer valid for Florida residents only.
Free Business Checking has no monthly service fee and no minimum daily balance requirement. You get 150 items per month, after which an additional item fee of $0.35 per item. There is a $3 monthly check image enclosure fee, unless you opt for e-statements or choose to not have check images included in your monthly printed statements.
According to the fee schedule there is an early account termination fee of $30 if the account is closed within 90 days of opening.
This bonus is very easy to do, the only catch is that you must be a Florida resident (it seems that Seacoast has learned from their mistaken nationwide $200 offer for personal checking accounts), and it is possible that this bonus is targeted (“offer valid for recipient only”). You essentially get a (taxable) 1/6 bonus to your money by depositing $1,500 for 90+ days.
Let us know your results in the comments below!
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank