Published on July 22nd, 2018 | by William Charles34
[Expired] [Houston, TX In Branch Only] Houston Metropolitan Federal Credit Union $300 Checking Bonus
Deal has expired, view the best current checking bonuses here.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200 or $300
- Availability: In branch only [Branches are: 608 E. Tidwell Rd, Houston, TX 77022 or at 611 Walker St., Houston, TX 77002]. Must live within 25 miles of either branch
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $500 or $1,000+
- Additional requirements: 12 debit card transactions
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Six months, bonus forfeit
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: August 31st, 2018
- Houston Metropolitan Federal Credit Union is offering a bonus of up to $300 when you open a new checking account. You need to make at least 12 debit card transactions within 60 days of account opening. Bonus varies based on the direct deposit you receive:
- Receive a monthly direct deposit of $500 and get a $200 bonus (must be done within 60 days)
- Receive a monthly direct deposit of $1,000 and get a $300 bonus (must be done within 60 days)
The Fine Print
- For qualified members, terms and conditions may apply.
- $200 when you open an account with $500 monthly direct deposit; $300 with $1,000 monthly direct deposit.
- Direct Deposit must be completed within days.
- Must have 12 debit card transactions within first 60 days.
- Account must remain open for 6 months
- Promotion will run June 1, 2018 – August 31, 2018.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Bonus checking account has no monthly fees to worry about.
Early Account Termination Fee
Account needs to be kept open for six months to receive bonus.
Nice big bonus, it’s a shame you need to open in branch. Still definitely worth doing if you live near a branch, especially as there is no monthly fee to worry about. I’ve added this to our location restrictive bank account bonuses.
Big thanks to reader, Cheng who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times