Published on August 5th, 2017 | by William Charles8
[IA only] American Trust & Savings Bank $100 Checking Bonus – No Requirements
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: Residents within a 100-mile radius of Dubuque, Dyersville, or West Des Moines, Iowa only please
- Direct deposit required: None
- Additional requirements: None
- Hard/soft pull: Unknown
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Household limit: One
- Expiration date: None listed
- American Trust & Savings Bank is offering $100 when you open a new CASHback checking account. There is no requirements to receive the bonus.
- The account also offers 3% cash back on everyday debit card purchases up to $500 a month when you meet the following requirements:
- Have at least 12 debit card purchases post and settle
- Be enrolled in and receive eStatements
- Be enrolled in and log in to online banking at least once
The Fine Print
- New checking households only.
- One $100 bonus per household.
- Not valid to employees of American Trust or their families.
- $100 credited to account upon opening.
- Your bonus will be reported as interest earned on IRS Form 1099-INT and you are responsible for any applicable taxes.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has no monthly fees to worry about. I wasn’t able to find a fee schedule so I’m unsure if there is any early account termination fee or not.
If it’s a soft pull and not too difficult to open then this seems like a great bonus as there are no bonus requirements. As always if you go for it please share your datapoints in the comments below. For now it won’t be added to the list of the best checking bonuses as we don’t know enough about it.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications