Update 7/26/20: Confirmed soft pull, can be funded with a credit card and also soft pull.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: All branches are in IA [Branch locations]
- Direct deposit required: Yes, no minimum listed
- Additional requirements: Open with $50+
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Can fund up to $2,500 with a credit card
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: $15, 6 months
- Household limit: One
- Expiration date: None listed
- Collins Community Credit Union is offering a bonus of $100 when you open a new Advantage Checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Open with at least $50
- Start a direct deposit within 60 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- $100 Bonus: Member with any existing Collins Community CU checking account not eligible for the $100 bonus.
- Offer available at any Collins Community CU location.
- Must meet membership eligibility requirements.
- Limit one $100.00 bonus per household.
- To qualify for your $100.00 bonus, you must open and fund a Collins Community CU checking account with an initial deposit of $50.00 and start direct deposit within 60 days of opening the account.
- The $100.00 bonus will be deposited into your new Collins Community CU account within 60 days of your first direct deposit.
- The bonus is reported as interest on your Collins Community CU checking for IRS reporting purposes.
- Offer may not be combined with any other checking account offers.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Account has no monthly fees
Early Account Termination Fee
Seems like it’s worth doing with a decent amount of credit card funding and can be opened online. Will add this to our list of the best bank account bonuses.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times