Published on January 5th, 2018 | by William Charles191
[Expired] [IL only] Andigo $250 Checking Bonus
Bonus has expired and is no longer available. View the best current checking bonuses by clicking here.
Update 01/05/18: Deal is back and valid until December 31st, 2018. Hat tip to YAR.
Reposting because the offer is back and valid until December 31st, 2017 hat tip to reader Simon.
Originally posted on August 22nd, 2017. Reposting again on November 19th as there is a new expiry date of November 30th, 2017 (previously expired on October 31st, 2017). Hat tip to reader borntobehermit.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $250
- Availability: IL (might be possible for anybody to join by donating $15, you might also already be a member of a qualifying organization). Not sure if this one needs to be opened at their Schaumburg branch. Must also be a resident of Illinois
- Direct deposit required: $500+ for three months
- Additional requirements: Use promo code COLLECT250
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Yes
- Credit card funding: Can fund up to $3,000 with a credit card (Visa, Mastercard & Discover all accepted)
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: None
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date:
September 30th, 2017 October 31st, 2017 November 30th, 2017December 31st, 2017
- Andigo is offering a bonus of $250 when you open a new checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Use promo code COLLECT250
- Receive a monthly direct deposit of at least $500 for three months
The Fine Print
- Must enter promo code COLLECT250.
- The $250 will be deposited to your Andigo checking account up to 90 days after the account is opened and the first direct deposit is posted.
- Must deposit a monthly minimum of $500 for at least three months to qualify for the $250 bonus.
- Offer ends
October 31st, 2017November 30th, 2017
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Their checking account has no monthly fees to worry about. According to the fee schedule there is no early account termination fee.
They also offer a $150 referral bonus for both parties, that’s the better offer if the person referring you will give you their $150 as well but that is somewhat unlikely so this will be better for most people. Good deal especially if it can be opened online, I guess it can be due to the promotional code but not 100% sure on that and the fact you get a $50 extra bonus if you open in branch, this DP says they were told in branch only. For now I won’t add it to our best checking bonus page until we know a bit more.
Hat tip to reader Luke
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications