Published on January 24th, 2018 | by William Charles84
[CA, KS, MT MO, AZ, CO, NM IL, IA & WI] Bank & Trust $200 Checking Bonus
Update 01/24/18: Deal is back and available in more states. Hat tip to reader @Mr__RTF. Also added more states (CA, KS, MT MO) thanks to reader Thom
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: CA, KS, MT MO AZ, CO, NM IL, IA & WI
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $500+
- Additional requirements: eStatements
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Up to $2,000. No American Express
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: $25 + bonus forfeit, 90 days
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date:
December 31st, 2017April 30th, 2018
- Bank & Trust is offering a bonus of up to $200 when you open a new checking account and complete the following requirements:
- $30 bonus for signing up for eStatements within 90 days of account opening
- $170 bonus for receiving a direct deposit of $500 or more within the first 60 calendar days
- Arizona Bank & Trust (AZ).
- First Community Bank (IA, IL)
- Dubuque Bank & Trust (IA)
- Illinois Bank & Trust (IL)
- Wisconsin Bank & Trust (WI)
- Citywide Banks(CO).
- New Mexico Bank & Trust (NM)
- Rocky Mountain Bank (MT)
- Morrill and Janes B&T (KS & MO)
- Premier Valley Bank (CA)
The Fine Print
The fine print is based on the Illinois Bank & Trust bonus, but is basically the same regardless.
- $200 bonus offer is not available to existing Citywide Banks consumer checking customers or those who had accounts open on or before December 31, 2017
- Bonuses only apply when opening a new consumer checking account at Citywide Banks or CitywideBanks.com during the promotional bonus period.
- The promotional bonus period is 01/22/2018-04/30/2018.
- If the account is closed by the customer or Bank within 90 calendar days after opening, we will deduct bonuses earned and received at closing and a $25 account closing fee may be assessed.
- Closing the account will negate any unearned bonuses.
- All bonus dollars will be paid to the newly opened checking account.
- If multiple checking accounts are opened during the promotional bonus period under the same primary owner name, the bonuses will be paid to the account that was opened first.
- Limit one bonus per new consumer account relationship.
- A $30 bonus will be given for enrolling in eStatements within 60 calendar days of account opening and a $170 bonus will be given if one (1) direct deposit of $500 or more post to the account within the first 60 calendar days of account opening.
- Direct deposit must be new to Citywide Banks and must be payroll, pension, Social Security or other government benefits.
- Bonuses will be paid within 90 calendar days after account is opened. An IRS 1099 form may be issued.
- The offer cannot be used in conjunction or combination with any other offer.
They offer a free checking account with no monthly fees to worry about. If the account is closed within 90 days of account opening they will deduct the bonus and a $25 early account termination fee is charged.
They offered a $500 bonus in 2016, obviously that bonus was much better but $200 still isn’t bad and I’m not sue we will see that bigger $500 bonus again. The positive is that you can open the account online this time rather than having to go in branch (maybe credit card funding is possible now as well?)
You should also be able to do this deal even if you’ve done the previous deal as long as you didn’t have an account open on or before October 31st, 2017. That actually looks incorrect as pointed out in the comments. I’ll be adding this to the best bank account bonuses.
Big thanks to reader, Rodney M who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times