Published on September 23rd, 2018 | by William Charles5
[Expired] [IL & In-branch only] Bridgeview Bank $200 Checking Or Savings Bonus
Bonus has expired and is no longer being offered. View more bank account bonuses by clicking here.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: IL only, in branch only [Branch locator]
- Direct deposit required: Yes, no minimum specified (for checking bonus)
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: $8, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: 180 days, $25 and bonus forfeit
- Household limit: One
- Expiration date: December 31st, 2018
- Bridgeview Bank is offering a bonus of $200 when you open a checking or savings bonus.
- Open a new checking account and receive a bonus of $200 when you receive a qualified recurring direct deposit by January 31st, 2019 (must have recurring direct deposit for 180 days or bonus is clawed back)
- Open a new savings account and receive a bonus of $200 when you deposit $10,000 or more by December 31st, 2018 (deposit must be maintained for 180 days or bonus is clawed back)
The Fine Print
- $200 bonus offer is redeemable for new personal checking accounts opened by 12/31/2018, and may be withdrawn at any time.
- One bonus per household.
- Account must be opened in person at any Bridgeview Bank location.
- Offer not available to existing Bridgeview Bank checking customers, or those who have closed checking accounts within 180 days.
- A $100 Minimum Opening Deposit and a “Qualified Direct Deposit” credited by 1/31/2019 is required to obtain bonus.
- A qualified direct deposit is an electronic deposit into this account from the U.S. government or your employer on a recurring basis, at least monthly.
- Bonus will be deposited into your new account during the first complete statement cycle after direct deposit is credited.
- Account must remain open with direct deposit for at least 180 days or Early Closure Fee of $25 and the $200 bonus will be debited at closing.
- Fees may reduce earnings. Bonus is not part of opening deposit and will be reported as interest on IRS Form 1099-INT.
- Message, data, and/or internet service provider rates may apply.
- Offer for $200 bonus is redeemable for new or existing personal savings account deposits of $10,000 or more made by 12/31/2018, and may be withdrawn at any time.
- Money Market Accounts do not qualify
- . One bonus per household.
- Deposit must be made in person at any Bridgeview Bank location.
- All deposits must be new funds (new funds are considered funds not on deposit in any account at Bridgeview Bank within the last 180 days).
- Offer not available to those who have closed savings accounts within 180 days. Bonus will be deposited into the account during the first complete statement cycle after the $10,000 deposit is made.
- $10,000 must remain on deposit for at least 180 days or Early Closure Fee of $25 and $200 bonus will be debited from account upon withdrawal.
- Fees may reduce earnings. Bonus will be reported as interest on IRS Form 1099-INT. Message, data, and/or internet service provider rates may apply.
Edge Checking $8 Monthly Fee
This has a $8 monthly fee that is waived if you do any of the following:
- Have a minimum balance of $250
- 4 debit card transactions
- Receive a direct deposit of $300+
I believe the statement savings account has no monthly fee
Early Account Termination Fee
You need to maintain the recurring direct deposit or the $10,000 deposit for 180 days otherwise the bonus is clawed back and an early account termination fee of $25 is charged.
Best bonus has been $200 + $50 donation to charity. I’m pretty sure you can either do the checking or savings bonus but not both but I might be wrong about that. They are very strict on the direct deposit requirement, so I wouldn’t consider the checking bonus unless you can change your government benefits or payroll. The savings bonus requires putting $10,000 in for half a year and the APY on the savings account is 0.05%, if you put that into a basic savings account earning 2.25% APY the opportunity cost is $110. They also have a 5% APY account, but you can only fund it with coins.
Overall both the checking & savings bonuses are OK, but neither are anything that special considering that 180 day requirement. I will be adding this to the best checking/savings bonus but neither will be high on the list.
Big thanks to reader, AllwaysLearning22 who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times