Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $250
- Availability: IL, MO
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $1,500+
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Yes, not sensitive
- Credit card funding: Can fund up to $1,500
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: $40 if closed within six months
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date:January 31, 2023
- Midland States Bank is offering a bonus of $250 when you open a new checking account with promo code Check250. Bonus broken down as follows:
- Have a direct deposit of $1,500 and receive a $150 bonus
- Complete 20 debit card transactions and receive a $70 bonus
- Sign up for eStatements and receive a $30 bonus
The Fine Print
- In order to be eligible for this limited-time offer, you must be 18 years or older and apply online or in-person using the code: Check250.
- Limit of 1 per person.
- Checking offer is not available to existing personal checking account holders. New customers may earn up to $250 on personal checking accounts LivTM Simply, LivTM Rewarded, and LivTM Unlimited if the following qualifications are completed within 90 days of opening account: direct deposits via ACH totaling $1500 will receive $150, 20 debit posted card transactions within 90 days (excluding ATM transactions) will receive $70, and E-Statements enrollment receives $30.
- Incentive is considered interest, producing a 1099-INT form.
- If the account is closed by you or Midland States Bank within 180 days after opening, you will forfeit the offer and be subject to an account closing fee.
- After you have completed the above requirements, the offer will be deposited into your new account within 30 business days.
- Contact us for additional details.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Liv Simply account has no monthly fees to worry about.
Early Account Termination Fee
We need to know if this is a hard or soft pull to open. Always nice to see a bonus with no monthly fees to worry about.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times