Published on May 19th, 2019 | by William Charles5
[Expired] [IL only] Land of Lincoln Credit Union $200 Checking Bonus
Deal has expired, view more bank account bonuses by clicking here.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: Must live, work or worship in one of 26 counties (full list here). Must also open in branch [Branch locator]. All counties/branches are in IL
- Direct deposit required: Yes, no minimum
- Additional requirements: Yes, see below
- Hard/soft pull: Hard pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: July 31st, 2019
- Land of Lincoln Credit Union is offering a bonus of $200 when you open a new checking account. Bonus is broken down as follows:
- Get $100 when you:
- Enroll in ClickSWITCH dashboard
- Set up direct deposit of $500+ monthly within 60 days of account opening
- Enroll in online banking
- Get another $100 when you complete the above requirements and:
- Make 10 or more transactions on your LLCU debit card
- Enroll in BillPay
- Get $100 when you:
The Fine Print
- Qualifications may apply.
- Membership required.
- Incentives paid at time of completion of action items required to earn incentive.
- Monies awarded will be direct deposited into member’s new checking account.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
They offer a free checking account with no monthly fees to worry about
Early Account Termination Fee
I wasn’t able to find a fee schedule, so I’m unsure if there is any early account termination fee or not.
Need to know if this is a hard or soft pull before passing judgement, you should be able to find out before opening the account as you need to open in branch anyway. If it is a soft pull then it’s worth doing in my opinion.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times