Published on February 9th, 2019 | by William Charles8
[Expired] [IL only] U of I Community Credit Union $100 Checking Bonus
Deal has expired, view more bank account bonuses by clicking here.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: Must be a University of Illinois student, alumni or live/work in one of the following counties: Champaign, Coles, DeWitt, Douglass, Edgar, Ford, Iroquois, Moultrie, Piatt, Vermilion, Sangamon
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $500+
- Additional requirements: 10 debit card transactions
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Yes
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: $6 avoidable
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: June 30th, 2019
- U of I Community Credit Union is offering a bonus of $100 when you open a new checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Set up a direct deposit of $500 within 60 days
- Make 10 debit card transactions
- You can also get another $150 by completing the above requirements and opening a new credit card and making 5 transactions
The Fine Print
- To qualify for $100 bonus, the following criteria must be met: (1)open a new UICCU checking account 1/1/2019 – 6/30/2019, (2)establish direct deposit of $500 or more into new UICCU checking account within 60 days of account opening (3) make 10 or more purchase transactions using UICCU debit card associated with your new checking account within 60 days of account opening.
- Offer not valid for members with an existing UICCU checking account.
- To qualify for the additional $150 bonus, the following criteria must be met: (1) qualify for the $100 bonus per the terms listed above, (2) open a new UICCU credit card within 60 days of opening checking account, (3) make 5 or more purchase
transactions using your UICCU credit card within 60 days of opening checking account.
- Members with an existing UICCU credit card are not eligible for $150 bonus.
- Primary member must be at least 18 years of age.
- Members are eligible for one of each bonus during the promotional period.
- Allow up to 60 days after qualification period for bonus to be deposited into your checking account.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Loyalty checking account has a $5 annual debit card, $6 monthly fee that is avoided if you meet any of the following requirements:
- Direct Deposit of $500+
- 6 electronic withdrawals from this Loyalty Checking account
- Monthly average balance of $500+ for this Loyalty Checking account
Early Account Termination Fee
I wasn’t able to find a full fee schedule, so unsure if there is any early account termination fee.
A lot of requirements for a $100 bonus, especially when it looks like you’ll lose $5 of that to the debit card fee. Because of that I won’t be adding this to our list of the best checking account bonuses.
Big thanks to reader, Adam who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times