Published on April 10th, 2017 | by William Charles24
[Expired] [IL] Bridgeview Bank $175 Checking Bonus
This checking bonus has expired and is no longer available. Click here for a list of the best checking bonuses.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $300
- Availability: Open in branch [Branch locations]
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $300+
- Additional requirements: Online banking
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: $18, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: Bonus forfeit + $25 fee, 180 days
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: December 31st, 2017
No direct link, see flyer
- Bring this certificate when opening any new Bridgeview Bank Personal Checking account and receive a bonus of $175 when you complete the following requirements:
- $100 minimum opening
- Direct deposit of at least $300 (not specifically mentioned, but the $300 requirement was mentioned when you sign up). Must post to account by January 27th, 2018.
- According to this comment there are plenty of flyers in branch and you should be able to just ask about this deal.
The Fine Print
- Offer not valid if you have closed an account within 90 days
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Edge checking account is required, this has a $18 monthly fee that is waived if you do any of the following:
- Have a minimum balance of $250
- 4 debit card transactions
- Receive a direct deposit of $300+
There is also an early account termination fee of $25, plus you forfeit the bonus if the account is closed within 180 days of opening.
Not a bad deal considering it’s a soft pull and it’s fairly easy to keep the account fee free. Downside is you need to open in branch, but you could pair that with opening their 5% APY account (just be sure to bring lots of coins with you). We will be adding it to our list of the best checking bonuses available.
Big thanks to reader, Matthew G who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications