Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount:
- Availability: In branch only. Looks like they have one branch in Dublin, OH and another in Lexington, KY [branch locations]. I guess there is also a branch in Ashland?
- Direct deposit required: See below
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee:
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: None listed
- Ashland Credit Union is offering a bonus of up to $200 (fine print says $500?) when you open a new checking account. You need to go in branch with another financial institutions offer and they will match that offer.
The Fine Print
- New checking accounts only.
- May not be combined with any other checking promotions.
- An application is required on all ACU checking accounts and not all applicants will be approved.
- ACU will attempt to match any one-time cash bonus offers that are available to the general public or that have been targeted specifically to the applying individual.
- ACU may refuse to match any offer if it does not have a similar product offering as the competing institution (for instance, if an offer is made that requires a student loan, ACU may not be able to match the offer).
- Non-cash incentives such as rate discounts, rate premiums, rewards points, or merchandise will not be matched.
- In order to receive cash award promised by the competing institution, you must first present documentation of the offer terms and conditions to an ACU account representative.
- If your offer is approved for matching, ACU will present updated terms & conditions for you to sign and accept within 2 business days.
- Business checking is excluded. Offer may be continued at any time.
- Maximum cash reward under this program is $500.00 per member.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
The share draft checking account has no monthly fees to worry about.
Early Account Termination Fee
I wasn’t able to find a fee schedule so I’m unsure if there is any early account termination fee or not.
Not sure what the best offer to match would be. That would likely depend on if you can do $200 or $500 and also if it has to be from a bank that operates in the same areas as Ashland credit Union. Hancock Whitney is $300 without a direct deposit, but not valid in the same states for example. Best bet would be to go through our best bank bonus list. If anybody does sign up, please share your experiences in the comments below.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times