Published on February 23rd, 2019 | by William Charles12
[LA, MS] First Bank & Trust $300 Checking Bonus
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $300
- Availability: LA, MS (People with accounts in FL were closed last time, so I’ve removed FL as an option)
- Direct deposit required: $500 per month, must be set up within 60 days and maintained for the first 180 days
- Additional requirements: None
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: $12, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: Bonus forfeit, 180 days
- Household limit: One
- Expiration date: None listed
- First Bank & Trust is offering a bonus of $300 when you open a new checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Establish a maintain an eligible direct deposit of at least $500 per statement cycle within 60 days of account opening. Must keep doing this for 180 days after account opening
The Fine Print
- To receive $300 Account Opening Bonus, Primary Signer must be a new checking account customer and (1) open the account with at least $100 of new money not currently on deposit with FBT; and (2) establish and maintain a direct deposit from an employer or the government in the form of an electronic (ACH), from a paycheck, pension, or government benefit of at least $500 per statement cycle within 60 days of opening.
- Direct deposits do not include deposits or transfers made by an individual via online banking or payment provider.
- Bonus will be paid by credit to the account after 90 days if direct deposit has been established and deposits have been made and verified.
- One cash bonus per household.
- If the account is closed or Direct Deposit is discontinued within the first six months (180 days), a $25 service charge plus the Bonus will be deducted at account closing. E-statements are required.
- Bonus payment is considered interest and reported on IRS form 1099-INT.
- Bonus will not be paid with any other special offer or promotion.
This account has a $12 monthly fee. This is waived if you maintain an average daily balance of $1,500 or more.
Early Account Termination Fee
Account needs to be kept open and continue to receive a direct deposit for 180 days after account is opened otherwise bonus is forfeit.
They last offered this bonus back in 2017. Really strong bonus, only issue is that you need to maintain that direct deposit for such a long time. Because of that I would really only recommend it if you can easily change your payroll, otherwise it might not be worth the risk/effort involved. I’ll be adding this to our list of the best bank bonuses.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times