Published on January 18th, 2020 | by William Charles34
[MA only] Washington Savings Bank $300 Checking Bonus
Update 1/15/20: Deal is back and valid until June 30th, 2020. Only available to Lowell and Dracut residents. Hat tip to Peek
Update 1/27/19: Reposting as it’s been confirmed as a soft pull.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $300
- Availability: MA only [Branch locations]
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $4,000+ within 90 days
- Additional requirements: None
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Yes, not sensitive
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Household limit: One
- Expiration date: June 30th, 2019
- Washington Savings Bank is offering a bonus of $300 when you open a new checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Receive qualifying direct deposits totaling $4,000 or more within 90 days
The Fine Print
- Get $300 Offer is intended for new qualifying direct deposits on a new or existing Cash Rewards Checking or Interest Rewards Checking account.
- A qualifying direct deposit is a new recurring direct deposit of a paycheck, pension, Social Security, or other eligible regular monthly income electronically deposited by an employer or outside agency.
- Direct deposits via ATM, online, teller deposits, P2P services like Paypal® or a transfer from a bank or brokerage account do not qualify.
- Customer will receive a $300 deposit into their account within 30 days from redeeming a “$300 Claim Form”and verification of eligibility.
- Offer expires June 30, 2019.
- Washington Savings Bank may change or discontinue this offer at any time before this date without notice.
- ne $300 offer per customer, per household, per account. A
- ll services must be activated after 12/01/2018.
- Offers can not be combined. Member FDIC. Member DIF. All deposits insured in full.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Cash rewards checking account has no monthly fees to worry about.
Early Account Termination Fee
Pretty good bonus, given that it is a soft pull I do think it’s worth doing if you live in the eligible area. Because of that I’ll be adding this to the best checking bonuses. If anybody decides to go for this bonus then please share your experiences in the comments below.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times