Published on May 26th, 2019 | by William Charles13
[Expired] [MA only] Watertown Savings Bank $300 Checking Bonus
Deal has expired, view more bank account bonuses by clicking here.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $300
- Availability: MA only
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $1,000 minimum specified
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Unknown
- ChexSystems: Unknown, sensitive
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date: June 29th, 2019
- Watertown Savings Bank is offering a bonus of $300 when you open a new checking account. Bonus is broken down as follows:
- First $150 bonus:
- Open any new checking with eStatements
- Set up a recurring direct deposit of payroll and receive direct deposits totaling at least $1,000 or more within 60 days of account opening
- Second $150 bonus:
- Use your WSB debit card at least six times within 60 days of account opening
- Set up Bill Pay by enrolling in online banking and making at least 1 payment through Bill Pay within 60 days of account opening
- First $150 bonus:
The Fine Print
- Bonus will post within 4-6 weeks of requirements being met
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
The WSB free checking account has no monthly fees to worry about.
Early Account Termination Fee
I wasn’t able to find a full fee schedule so I’m unsure if there is any early account termination fee or not.
They also offer a $200/$200 referral bonus, that’s a better deal if the person referring you will give you their $200 (e.g if it’s your spouse). Otherwise this is a better deal, requirements are the same. We need to know if it’s a hard or soft pull to open the account still.
Hat tip to reader Z
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times