Published on December 4th, 2017 | by William Charles72
[Expired] [MA only] PeoplesBank (Bankatpeoples) $300 Checking Bonus
As predicted that didn’t last long. View the best current checking bonuses by clicking here.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $300
- Availability: MA only, maybe other New England states?
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $50+
- Additional requirements: Use promo code GET300
- Hard/soft pull: Unknown
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: $500 per application
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: 90 days, $15
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: December 31st, 2017
- PeoplesBank is offering a checking bonus of $300 when you open a new PeoplesBank free checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Use promo code GET300
- Sign up for a qualifying direct deposit of at least $50. Must be made within 60 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- Minimum direct deposit of $50 required to receive payment.
- Sign up for direct deposit (direct deposit transactions are limited to payroll, social security, pension and government benefits) at the same time you open a PeoplesBank Free Checking Account or any consumer checking account and we will deposit $300 into the new checking account after the first direct deposit is made (please allow up to six weeks after your first direct deposit is received). The first direct deposit must be made within 60 days from the date the new checking account is opened.
- Minimum opening deposit of $10 required.
- Offer valid from 11/20/17 – 12/31/17.
- PeoplesBank employees are not eligible for this promotion.
- Personal accounts only, limit of one $300 payment per customer, cannot be combined with any other offers. 3rd party fees for message, data and internet services may apply.
- Must enter code “Get300” to be eligible. Online account openings only.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
The free checking account as that has no monthly fees. According to comments on previous bonuses there is an early account termination fee of $15 if the account is closed within 90 days.
There are lots of different banks called PeoplesBank, making this super annoying. That’s why we also refer to it as bankatpeoples (the websites URL). Obviously a nice big bonus, shame we don’t know if it will be a soft or hard pull to open. If anybody knows, please share in the comments. I won’t add it to the best checking bonuses until we know more.
Big thanks to reader, Curmudgeon who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times