Published on August 4th, 2018 | by William Charles22
[MD & PA] PeoplesBank $150 Checking Bonus
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $150
- Availability: MD & PA only
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $200+
- Additional requirements:
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Yes
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: $100, 90 days
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: None listed
- PeoplesBank is offering a bonus of $150 when you open a new checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Receive a direct deposit of at least $200
The Fine Print
- One bonus will be credited to an eligible new PeoplesBank checking account for new or existing clients who do not have an existing checking account relationship with the bank. To qualify, a minimum of one direct deposit in the amount of $200 or more must occur in the account within 45 days of account opening and the account must be in good standing with a positive balance.
- Qualifying direct deposits include electronic deposits from payroll, Social Security, or retirement benefits and do not include electronic transfers or credits such as account-to-account transfers or those made with internet payment services.
- Bonus will be paid in the form of a statement credit to the account.
- Limit one bonus per client regardless of the number of accounts opened or titling of accounts.
- Offer does not apply to employees of PeoplesBank and their immediate family members.
- Offer does not apply to Second Chance Checking.
- Bonus paid to the client is reportable for tax purposes.
- A premature account closure fee of $100 will be assessed for accounts closed within 90 days of account opening.
- All checking accounts require a $25 minimum opening deposit.
- Offer may not be combined with any others and may be withdrawn at any time. Other terms and conditions may apply and are subject to change without notice. See a PeoplesBank representative for details.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has no monthly fees
Early Account Termination Fee
According to the fine print they do charge an early account termination fee this fee is $100 if closed within 90 days.
Previously they had a similar $150 checking bonus but that require making debit card transactions of $50 or more as well. This will be added to our best checking bonuses as it’s a relatively easy bonus to meet the requirements for and there is no monthly service fee to worry about.
Big thanks to reader, fST who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times