Published on February 23rd, 2019 | by William Charles3
[Expired] [ME] Camden National Bank $100 Checking Promotion – Direct Deposit Not Required
Deal has expired, view more bank account bonuses by clicking here.
Update 2/23/19: Deal is back and valid until May 3rd, 2019. Hat tip to reader EW
Update 11/4/2018: Deal is back and valid until November 9th, 2018. Hat tip to reader EW
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: Must be a Maine resident
- Direct deposit required: None
- Additional requirements: 10 debit card transactions
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Up to $500, Visa or Mastercard only
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: $25, six months
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date:
April 30th, 2018November 9th, 2018
- Camden National Bank is offering a $100 bonus when you open a new promise rewards checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Make 10 debit card point of sale transactions in the second statement cycle
- You’ll also get double cash back rewards on all debit card purchases and direct deposits until March 2019 ($0.2 per transaction instead of $0.1). To be eligible for cash back rewards you must:
- Be enrolled in eStatements
- Have direct deposits of $500 or more
The Fine Print
- You must open the account with $25 and be a Maine resident at account opening.
- To be eligible for $100 account bonus, open a Promise Rewards checking account between February 5 and April 30, 2018.
- If you make 10 debit card point-of-sale transactions in the second statement cycle, a $100 bonus will be paid within 60 days of meeting requirements. To be eligible for cash-back rewards you must sign up for eStatements and have direct deposits of $500 or more, of your payroll, pension or government benefits, such as Social Security.
- If you’re enrolled in eStatements, at the end of each statement cycle you will be paid a $0.20 cash-back reward for every qualifying debit card purchase and direct deposit that posts to and clears your account until 3/31/2019, after which you will earn$0.10 cash-back rewards.
- Cash-back rewards limited to $30 per statement cycle.
- When using a non-Camden National Bank ATM in the U.S., accept the disclosed fee and we will refund the surcharge the next business day. No signer on the account may be, or have been, a signer on a Camden National Bank consumer checking account within the past 6 months. Account must be maintained in good standing to earn bonus and rewards. Account bonuses and rewards are reported to the IRS as interest income. Other terms and conditions may apply; please contact the bank for further details. Limited-time offer, subject to change.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
The promise rewards checking account has no monthly fee to worry about.
Early Account Termination Fee
There is an early account termination fee of $25 if you close the account within 6 months of account opening.
They offered a bonus of up to $300 at the end of last year, so I don’t think this $100 bonus is worth doing even if the requirements are incredibly easy to meet. Because of that much higher recent bonus, we won’t be adding this to our best checking bonus page.
Hat tip to Danny Deal Guru
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times