Published on June 14th, 2017 | by William Charles29
[Expired] [ME, NH] Camden National Bank $300 Checking Promotion
Looks like this bonus has expired early!
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $300
- Availability: ME, NH
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $500+
- Additional requirements: eStatements
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Up to $500, Visa or Mastercard only
- Monthly fees: $5-$20
- Early account termination fee: $25, six months
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: December 31st, 2017
- Camden National Bank is offering a bonus of up to $300 when you open a qualifying checking account, receive direct deposits of $500 or more during your second statement cycle and have eStatements. The bonus you receive depends on the account you open:
- $100 for opening a Simple Promise account
- $200 for opening a Promise Rewards account
- $300 for opening a Promise Premier checking account
The Fine Print
- To be eligible for account bonus you must open either a Simple Promise, Promise Rewards or Promise Premier checking account between June 12 and December 31, 2017.
- A $100, $200 or $300 bonus will be paid, respectively, if you have direct deposits of $500 or more, of your payroll, pension or government benefits, such as Social Security during your second statement cycle.
- Your bonus will be paid within 60 days of meeting requirements.
- No signers on the account may be, or have been, a signer on a Camden National Bank consumer checking account within the past 6 months.
- Limited time offer, subject to change.
- You must be a Maine or New Hampshire resident at account opening.
- Account must be maintained in good standing to earn bonus and rewards.
- In addition to the direct deposit requirements, to earn cash-back rewards you must be enrolled in eStatements.
- Account bonuses and rewards are reported to the IRS as interest income. Other terms and conditions may apply; please contact the bank for further details.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Simple Promise Checking ($5 Monthly Fee – $100 Bonus)
This account has no monthly fees if you have eStatements (also a requirement for the bonus), otherwise a $5 fee is charged.
Promise Rewards Checking ($5 Monthly Fee – $200 Bonus)
This account comes with a $5 monthly fee. This is waived if you do any of the following:
- Have an average monthly balance of $100+
- Keep a balance of at least $2,500 or more in any combination of qualifying deposit and certificate of deposit balances
Promise Premier Checking ($20 Monthly Fee – $300 Bonus)
This account comes with a $20 monthly fee. This is waived if you do any of the following:
- Keep a minimum average balance of $2,500 or more in your account
- Keep a balance of $25,000 in total deposit balances
- Consumer and residential mortgage loan balances of $150,000 or more
Early Account Termination Fee
There is an early account termination fee of $25 if you close the account within 6 months of account opening.
Shouldn’t be difficult for people to keep the promise premier checking account fee free so the $300 bonus is easily the best (if you don’t have $2,500 to spare then you might have to go for the $200 bonus). Given that it’s a soft pull this bonus is a no brainer if you live in the target area. Definitely adding it high on our list of the best checking current sign up bonuses.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications