Published on November 8th, 2017 | by William Charles7
[Expired] MidFirst Bank $150 Checking Promotion [OK, AZ only]
This checking bonus has expired and is no longer available. Click here for a list of the best checking bonuses.
Reposting because offer is also available in all AZ banking centers as well. Hat tip to reader Kimillionaire.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $150
- Availability: Promotional offer available in Oklahoma & Arizona area banking centers only [Branch locator]
- Direct deposit required: Optional
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown but unlikely in branch
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Bonus forfeit, 90 days
- Household limit: One
- Expiration date: December 31st, 2017
- MidFirst Bank is offering a bonus of $150 when you open a new checking account in branch at any Oklahoma area banking centers only and complete any two of the following requirements within 90 days of account opening:
- Set up a $250 recurring direct deposit (must be met in two consecutive calendar months to meet requirement)
- Complete 20 debit card purchases (multiple swipes for the same purchase amount at the same merchant do not qualify, ATM transactions are not eligible)
- Complete three electronic payments with online Bill Pay or ACH (Bill payments must be paid to another party with a different mailing address than the primary Bill Pay account holder)
The Fine Print
- Promotional offer available in Oklahoma area banking centers only, and is not available to existing MidFirst Bank checking customers, or those whose accounts have been closed within one year or closed with a negative balance.
- Must be 17 or older.
- Promotional offer valid for accounts opened 9/1/2017 through 12/31/2017.
- One new promotional account per household.
- Offer must be mentioned at account opening to qualify and all accounts are subject to approval.
- Go! Checking, Sooner Checking, Sooner Solution Checking, Broncho Checking and Broncho Solution Checking accounts are not valid with this offer.
- $100 minimum opening checking deposit required to open account.
- Opening deposits may not be transferred from an existing MidFirst account.
- To receive the $150 promotional offer, two of the three requirements below must be completed within 90 days of new account opening:
- Set up a $250 minimum monthly recurring direct deposit into new checking account (must be met in two consecutive calendar months to meet requirement);
- Complete 20 debit card purchases (multiple swipes for the same purchase amount at the same merchant do not qualify, ATM transactions are not eligible);
- Complete three electronic payments either through online Bill Pay or ACH using your checking account. Bill payments must be paid to another party with a different mailing address than the primary Bill Pay account holder.
- Accounts closed within 90 days of opening are not eligible for this promotion, may be subject to an account closing fee, and may forfeit the amount equal to the promotional account credit received.
- After you have completed two of the three requirements, we will deposit your account credit into your new checking account within 30 calendar days.
- Account must be open, active, and in good standing at the time of account credit.
- New checking customers will receive a 1099-INT or applicable tax form for the value of the promotional account credit received. Annual percentage yield (APY) is based on account type, relationship tier, and deposit amount.
Minimal checking account seems to be the best account to open as there is no monthly account service fee.
Early Account Termination Fee
Account must be kept open for 90 days to avoid any early account termination fee.
Last bonus was only available in Tulsa-Stillwater area so nice to see one open to all of Oklahoma. It’s also nice that the direct deposit isn’t required and there is no monthly fee for the checking account. This one seems like an easy one to do if you live near a branch, I’ll be adding this to our list of the best checking bonuses.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times